Corsair Community

A question about LS100, ambient lighting and iCue

rene mauricio

When will the light nod pro and the commander pro support LS100 led strip?

An interesting question. First, the LS100 strips work like the rest of the Corsair RGB items. So you absolutely can put them on a LNP or CP and configure based on the number of LEDs - just not as LS100 strips. However, the LNP and the CP are limited in the amount of current that they can provide to devices (due to the 4.5A limit on the SATA spec) so you'll never be able to put as many LS100 strips on a NoPro or CoPro channel.

Now ... the next step ... where iCUE lets you specify short or long LS100 strips on the channel ... we can't say.

An interesting question. First, the LS100 strips work like the rest of the Corsair RGB items. So you absolutely can put them on a LNP or CP and configure based on the number of LEDs - just not as LS100 strips. However, the LNP and the CP are limited in the amount of current that they can provide to devices (due to the 4.5A limit on the SATA spec) so you'll never be able to put as many LS100 strips on a NoPro or CoPro channel.

Now ... the next step ... where iCUE lets you specify short or long LS100 strips on the channel ... we can't say.

The LNP or CP can support up to 6 strips per channel (60 LEDs), so that's equal to 3 combination of LS100 strip, 4 shorts, 2 shorts + 1 long, or 2 longs. It is the same principle when they add the Hydro X, so the iCUE could do it if they want to.:sigh!:

However, I would love to see the LNP or CP let us specify how many LED we have on each channel(60 LEDs max). This will be the best ecosystem!!! :laughing:

Edited by koke6645

next to nothing from what i am seeing buddy

i currently have it playing some 4k footage off of youtube in video lighting mode. chrome open on another screen with maybe 10 tabs open. iCUE dash on another screen. my 8700k is sitting at around 9% in total. this is including iCUE controlling 32 LL fans/50+ strips/Hydro X dual loop rgb and various back ground programs.. afterburner/streamdeck to mention a few

Thank you Zotty, that I was wondering. If it's not hard on CPU, I think we can expect no negative impact on gaming performance as well.

I am definitely illiterate on this issue but let's say there are black bars on a movie etc. while on video playback mode. Does that mean we won't see any effects on top and bottom leds with LS100 since the input is only black on those areas?

next to nothing from what i am seeing buddy

i currently have it playing some 4k footage off of youtube in video lighting mode. chrome open on another screen with maybe 10 tabs open. iCUE dash on another screen. my 8700k is sitting at around 9% in total. this is including iCUE controlling 32 LL fans/50+ strips/Hydro X dual loop rgb and various back ground programs.. afterburner/streamdeck to mention a few

Have you tried games? How's the hit there?

And the most important question: Does it break FreeSync/G-Sync? Because the Philips Hue Sync App does that.

Is there an iCUE configuration where you could use more than 4 strips on a single monitor?...I'm thinking for better coverage with a larger screen size that might require 8+ strips on a single monitor.

No, unfortunately not ... at least at this time. Don't take that to mean that I have any kind of inside information on it except that it has been requested.

these are normal adressable LED there is no difference between them !!!

the ls1000 is basically a node pro....

they just didnt programmed the ambilight effects for anything else...

getting a screengrabber running inside of icue is no problem at all ...

corsair just wants us to buy new products! thats it so simple!

for example check out wallpaper enginge - icue themes! they are not really different compared to ambilight...

i waited two years for getting kind of fooled.... im done with corsair...

next built im saving ALOOOOOt of money by using not one single corsair product....

btw icue dashboard never really worked for me... and there were alot of other bugs in the software...

corsair should really take care of their software developing team!!!! its a shame that there are real fools in here who dont give a f about their customers... im sick and tired of their big mouths in here... who the f they think they are???

Edited by drcmclow
  • Sad 1

Of course these are regular adressable LED strips. But with more LEDs and a diffuser on top. (Not to mention the controller that has an external connector and can output more Amps.) What did you expect? Prancing unicorns!? Edited by Falcon2045
  • Like 1

Isn't it possible to put the "Single Monitor Mode", "External RGB Strips", etc. dropdown option on the LNP and CP? I have 6 RGB strips behind my monitors that connect to the LNP inside my case. I have another 6 RGB strips behind my desk and under my case, again connected to the LNP inside my case.

Why can't the same dropdown options apply to these existing peripherals so I can have ambient lighting on my current setup without having to purchase additional peripherals? Wouldn't functionality be the same, just with fewer lights? I was excited when I saw the LS strips, but not excited to see I still don't have ambient lighting options within iCue.

How can I select the monitor which is used for video lighting input. Because i have multiple monitors and iCUE only uses the first for all ambient lighting in single monitor mode, but i want it to uses the second monitor. The two monitors don't are not directly next to each other so i can't use the dual monitor mode.

How can I select the monitor which is used for video lighting input. Because i have multiple monitors and iCUE only uses the first for all ambient lighting in single monitor mode, but i want it to uses the second monitor. The two monitors don't are not directly next to each other so i can't use the dual monitor mode.

Right now, you can't. But that of which you speak has been requested. I can't say if they will or won't do it tho.

• 5 months later...

Hey folks. So yeah I bought the LS100 Starter Kit aswell but am I the only one who think that the colors are looking wierd some times?

Made a simple test with 2 different colors of red 1. one pure red (255, 0, 0) the 2. one was a slightly darker red from a Red Dead Redemption 2 Wallpaper.

The 1. is fine like it should.

The 2. one on the other hand was almost pink...?

https://imgur.com/a/pKGDWYS

Other colors are way off aswell. Orange for example is basicly yellow.

Did you guys experienced some thing similar?

Edited by Nilser007