Corsair Community

Leaking Liqtech TR4 on TR 1920x - Time for a Corsair AIO

t_and

Hi all,

Couple years ago I built myself a Threaripper platform (https://pcpartpicker.com/user/t_and/builds/) thanks also to your advise (https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171927).

By that time, and still now for what I know, the only AIO Cooler covering the entire surface of a Threaripper was&is the Enermax Liqtech TR4.

During this 2 years I've never had a problem and was always able to keep pretty low temperatures when playing and when doing architecture renderings. Until last week, where I saw this over my graphic card:

Wich to me looks like a leak... (the stain was kind of greasy)

I did a small research and it looks like its a common problem from this cooler. Enermax even recognized it and produced a rev. version called Liqtech TR4 II. Though, this new rev. version looks like it has the same problems.

Lucky for me my computer didn't get any damage, but I don't want to risk it. So it's time to get a new AIO Cooler.

At the time I also considered a Corsair AIO Cooler as I do like and trust a lot this brand, but was afraid it could not keep the temps in control as none of them where covering 100% of the surface. For what I've read now, people are using Corsair coolers with Threadrippers and looks like there is no problem.

Would you mind giving me a hand on choosing the best Corsair AIO Cooler for my TR 1920X? The H100i RGB Platinum looks like it could be a good option due to the square cooler and being quite new, but I see there are many others models (80, 105, 115...) and I'm not sure what could be the best one. A part from this, a COrsair one would perfectly fit in my "ecosystem" as I've all Corsair Fans and a Commander Pro to have everything udner controll with Corsair Link.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Have a nice weeken.

Edited by Technobeard
removed dead link

None of the current Corsair coolers have a huge threadripper sized cold plate. However, many use them successfully. While a 240mm probably works, you might be interested in going up to a 280mm or 360mm if your case can accommodate it. You get a couple degrees more back, but the real win is you can do so at much lower fan speeds.

There are a lot of confusing model names and parallel product lines, so feel free to ask questions. I think the models you would be interested in are the H100i Pro or Platinum, H115i Pro or Platinum (280m), or the H150i Pro (360mm). There are some subtle differences between them relating to the OEM and mostly how much RGB you get in the box. The Platinum coolers come with more RGB stuff and that is the difference in cost.

None of the current Corsair coolers have a huge threadripper sized cold plate. However, many use them successfully. While a 240mm probably works, you might be interested in going up to a 280mm or 360mm if your case can accommodate it. You get a couple degrees more back, but the real win is you can do so at much lower fan speeds.

There are a lot of confusing model names and parallel product lines, so feel free to ask questions. I think the models you would be interested in are the H100i Pro or Platinum, H115i Pro or Platinum (280m), or the H150i Pro (360mm). There are some subtle differences between them relating to the OEM and mostly how much RGB you get in the box. The Platinum coolers come with more RGB stuff and that is the difference in cost.

Thanks for your answer!

For what I've seen though, not even now it's possible to find an AIO Cooler for the Threadripper :S How's that?

I've a 570X, so space wise should be ok. But I think a 240 radiator should be enough no? I would rather keep the 120mm fans I have as a push-pull set up as I have it now.

Gor the images I've seen, the cooling surface of the H100i Platinum might be bigger than the H100i Pro?

H100i Platinum

https://static.digitecgalaxus.ch/Files/1/7/2/9/5/2/5/4/H100i_RGB_PLATINUM_12.jpg?fit=inside%7C2000:2000&output-format=progressive-jpeg

H100i Pro

https://static.digitecgalaxus.ch/Files/1/6/9/6/9/5/6/6/81-dD2Bcql4L._SL1500_.jpg?fit=inside%7C2000:2000&output-format=progressive-jpeg

So you think this could handle the Threadripper without any issues?

Thanks a lot!

If you have a 570x, that likely keeps you at a 240mm top or 360mm front radiator set-up. The 140/280 size isn't a natural fit. I can't find an exact measurement for the increased surface area on the Platinum, however marketing says the new cold plate is improved and that likely is of value for you. Since there is no 360mm version, that brings you back to where you started -- the H100i Platinum. Also available in white if you went that route.

I don't know why there aren't more specialized Threadripper AIO coolers, but it likely comes down to numbers and demand. Maybe the new TR socket will trigger another analysis, but for now this seems to be your best bet. For actual data numbers, we likely need someone with a TR model, but I do know several people who are using the Platinum on it without complaints.

If you have a 570x, that likely keeps you at a 240mm top or 360mm front radiator set-up. The 140/280 size isn't a natural fit. I can't find an exact measurement for the increased surface area on the Platinum, however marketing says the new cold plate is improved and that likely is of value for you. Since there is no 360mm version, that brings you back to where you started -- the H100i Platinum. Also available in white if you went that route.

I don't know why there aren't more specialized Threadripper AIO coolers, but it likely comes down to numbers and demand. Maybe the new TR socket will trigger another analysis, but for now this seems to be your best bet. For actual data numbers, we likely need someone with a TR model, but I do know several people who are using the Platinum on it without complaints.

Looks indeed that everything points to the 100i Plat then. Thanks a lot for your help ;)

Is that big mount the one for the TR4? I guess so no?

https://static.digitecgalaxus.ch/Files/1/7/2/9/5/2/5/7/H100i_RGB_PLATINUM_15.jpg?fit=inside%7C2000:2000&output-format=progressive-jpeg

BTW, I just saw this: https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-H100i-Extreme-Performance-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060009-WW

This cooling surface looks much bigger and size wise close to a threadripper no (bottom left)?

https://www.corsair.com/medias/sys_master/images/images/hdd/he8/9111386030110/-CW-9060009-WW-Gallery-H100i-04.png

Is this the one that got substituted by the h100i v2 and then the h100i pro/platinium?

The large two piece black bracket in the bottom left is for TR.

You do not want that H100i from 2012. The cold plate won't be any bigger and even if it was the size of a frying pan, you don't buy AIOs that are 5+ years old. There is a shelf life.

History Time line: "H100i" (above) 2012 -> H100i GTX/v2 (2015) -> H100i Pro (early 2018) & Platinum (late 2018). The Platinum is not a replacement for the Pro, but a parallel offering from a different OEM and with more included RGB features. That has been a common request, but it increases price point. Now you can choose. The OEM who manufactured the "H100i" you referenced above is the same as the one who partners on the Platinum.

The large two piece black bracket in the bottom left is for TR.

You do not want that H100i from 2012. The cold plate won't be any bigger and even if it was the size of a frying pan, you don't buy AIOs that are 5+ years old. There is a shelf life.

History Time line: "H100i" (above) 2012 -> H100i GTX/v2 (2015) -> H100i Pro (early 2018) & Platinum (late 2018). The Platinum is not a replacement for the Pro, but a parallel offering from a different OEM and with more included RGB features. That has been a common request, but it increases price point. Now you can choose. The OEM who manufactured the "H100i" you referenced above is the same as the one who partners on the Platinum.

Thanks a lot again for yoru fast and super clear replies.

I'm waiting for an answer from Enermax to get my money back from that s**** cooler, but on the meanwhile Im gona already order the H100i and stop risking my system.

Have a nice week!