Corsair Community

H100i v2 RMA questions

Chriso132

Hi all. Just joined up here.

Firstly, I love corsair despite my problems I've had with the coolers. I originally had an h100i and the pump failed after 3 years which wasn't the worst. I didn't realise they had such a long warranty so I went ahead and bough a v2 version off amazon. The pump went on that one after a few months and I got a replacement. I still have the replacement but the fans had dodgy bearing I think at the start and sounded awful so I got new ml 120s which a few great. I'm hearing a slight ticking noise coming from what I think is the pump. It's still working perfectly but I'm getting worried. I no longer have the original fans as I lost them when moving house and now I don't think I can rma it without them. Is this correct?

Thanks

That is generally what they say publicly. However, the best place to ask is with the agent handling your support ticket. Explain the situation. Definitely explain your history. Definitely mention how terrible the fans sounded when you first got the unit. We'll see.

Option 2 is to start looking at a new cooler. I will be happy when all the GTX/v2 units are done and dusted. The Pro series that replaced it has a much better track record and is better in every way.

That is generally what they say publicly. However, the best place to ask is with the agent handling your support ticket. Explain the situation. Definitely explain your history. Definitely mention how terrible the fans sounded when you first got the unit. We'll see.

Option 2 is to start looking at a new cooler. I will be happy when all the GTX/v2 units are done and dusted. The Pro series that replaced it has a much better track record and is better in every way.

Hi mate, thanks for your reply. Yeah I sent an email over explaining it to them and just asking for advice on the matter if my cooler does happen to go. I know, I've had such bad luck with the coolers. I could have switched to a different cooler when I returned it but decided I wanted to give corsair another chance