Okay I am building my New system

Thermaltake "The Tower 900"

2x140x4 Rads

Dual 270 D5 Pumps

blah blah blah

Down to my questions

Loop 1

CPU

4x140 Thinking I will use SP140 Connected to Corsair Commander pro (Master)

Loop 2

4x140 Thinking I will use SP140 Connected to Corsair Commander pro (Slave1)

Case Fans 5 LL140's connected to Corsair Commander Pro (Slave2)

USB On Motherboard to Corsair Commander Pro (Master)

USB 1 on Corsair Commander Pro (Master) to Commander Pro Slave 1

USB 2 on Corsair Commander Pro (Master) to Commander Pro Slave 2

I also need three of the RGB hubs can I still connect them to them in this manner

One on each of the commander Pros

Will this work?

4x140 Thinking I will use SP140 Connected to Corsair Commander pro (Master)

Loop 2

4x140 Thinking I will use SP140 Connected to Corsair Commander pro (Slave1)

I think I might be looking at ML-RGB vs SP-RGB Pro (unless you meant the SP140 LED from 5 years back). Presumably the plan is the do both 560 rads as intake on the two sides, then chimney funnel that air out the top/back of that compartment. I would like to see it in person, but I suspect the mesh makes the concept of 4 vs 8 LEDs mostly irrelevant in that position.

ML is PWM. SP-Pro is DC. Doesn't really matter from a control perspective since the Commander Pro can handle either, but just FYI. That is 8x140 doing a power test on boot/restart when on DC power. 1150 rpm max on the SP-Pro should keep that from being terrible.

Mag lev bearing vs Hydraulic -> ML is going to be a little quiet at working speeds in the 800-1100 rpm range. However, some people feel the ML has a distinctive hum to the bearing present at low speed. If you are somewhat intolerant to that kind of lower hum frequency, then the ML is not a great choice.

Are there 5 more places for case fans? Main chamber 1 top, 1 bottom? Back chamber two on the rear mesh, 1 on top? BTW, the QL or double sided LL was released today. I don't think it makes much visual improvement for the 900 Super, except maybe on the bottom main chamber intake.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/iCUE-QL-RGB-PWM-Fan/p/CO-9050100-WW

I think I might be looking at ML-RGB vs SP-RGB Pro (unless you meant the SP140 LED from 5 years back). Presumably the plan is the do both 560 rads as intake on the two sides, then chimney funnel that air out the top/back of that compartment. I would like to see it in person, but I suspect the mesh makes the concept of 4 vs 8 LEDs mostly irrelevant in that position.

LED-Fans/iCUE-QL-RGB-PWM-Fan/p/CO-9050100-WW[/url]

I was talking about this one https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/iCUE-SP-Series-RGB-PRO-Performance/p/CO-9050096-WW

Really wanted to know if my plan for the wiring would work< I can find little info about Daisy Chaining Commander Devices, the Thermaltake you can set the address on

Edited by belezeebub

It's not really a slave to the main Commander Pro. Those are USB passthrough ports, so it will be three Commander Pros in the iCUE software, each with 2 Lighting Channels. Whether you really want 3 Commander Pros or would prefer to use powered fan repeaters is something you want to look at.

Each RGB Lighting Hub powers 6 fans. In theory, you could use a lighting splitter on one and get away with using only two. The problem is you can't combine the SP-type with any of the other LL/HD/ML/QL RGB fan types on the same hub. You need separate hubs for SP vs everything else.

You can find more general information and wiring help here.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Each RGB Lighting Hub powers 6 fans. In theory, you could use a lighting splitter on one and get away with using only two. The problem is you can't combine the SP-type with any of the other LL/HD/ML/QL RGB fan types on the same hub. You need separate hubs for SP vs everything else.

While that's true for the old SP-RGB "Classic" fans, that's not true for the new SP-PRO RGB (which is what he's looking at). The newer SP-PRO RGB fans are using WS2812B (8 LEDs) so you can mix them on a fan hub. You just have to hack the configuration and may get weird effects.

While that's true for the old SP-RGB "Classic" fans, that's not true for the new SP-PRO RGB (which is what he's looking at). The newer SP-PRO RGB fans are using WS2812B (8 LEDs) so you can mix them on a fan hub. You just have to hack the configuration and may get weird effects.

That is one of the reasons I am using three commander pros

I am hoping I can assign different effects to different Cmdr pros and RGB

My plan is loop 1(cmdr1) CPU fans ramp up with CPU temp, Loop 2(Cmdr2) GPU fans ran up with GPU temp

CMDR 3 Temp sensors fans ramp up with case temp

All 8 Radiator fans are breathing red

all 5 out fans are breathing red I have a single 5mm RGB led for the EYE

Memory is read shimmer

Video card is a 2080ti with the corsair block (I might put in the gigabyte 2080ti Waterforce extreme EK but to be honest I didn't like all the rainbow colors on the side

I am building this all in my Old case once the parts get here

Edited by belezeebub

Fan speeds for radiators really should be controlled by coolant temp, not by CPU or GPU temperature. You can do this with in-loop sensors that connect to the temp sensors on the CoPro. Radiator exhaust temperature is a decent proxy for this if you don't have in-loop sensors but the temperature difference between the exhaust temp and the actual liquid temp will vary by radiator efficiency. This will also allow the fans to run the curve even without software control - like at boot up.

While you can daisy-chain Commander Pros, there are ways to reduce the total number that you have. And, depending on a number of factors, sometimes the USB ports on the CoPros can be a bit ... persnickety.

And you can define different effects to the Commander Pros. In fact, you have individual control down to the individual LED. So you can have one fan on a channel doing one effect and the next fan on the same channel doing something completely and totally different. Heck, you can have half of one fan doing a rainbow dance and the other half of one fan breathing red. iCUE gives you significantly more control over the LEDs than just about any other RGB control software out there.

Fan speeds for radiators really should be controlled by coolant temp, not by CPU or GPU temperature. You can do this with in-loop sensors that connect to the temp sensors on the CoPro. Radiator exhaust temperature is a decent proxy for this if you don't have in-loop sensors but the temperature difference between the exhaust temp and the actual liquid temp will vary by radiator efficiency. This will also allow the fans to run the curve even without software control - like at boot up.

This will be my 50th Water cooled PC while I have used temp sensors before I was never a fan of the extra wires. most of my builds have used an Aquaero 5 or 6 CPU temp has always worked for fan control but for 20 bucks I won't fight over it, does the corsair use the normal 10K versions?

I don't want Flakey if the Onboard USB has issues I can add something like this https://********/wzywucp or https://********/wmhlm9r (I guess this forum blocks tinyurl so the links don't work

Edited by belezeebub