Corsair Community

CMG4GX3M2A2000C8 and M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 compatibility

xproofx

My motherboard model is an M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 and my RAM kit is model CMG4GX3M2A2000C8.

My initial build went smoothly for about 2 weeks but lately I have been experiencing BSOD and random lockups and reboots.

I don't think that heat is an issue as my temperature monitors indicate results are well within specs.

I am not overclocking my system nor do I have plans to.

This RAM kit is not currently listed on the motherboard manufacturers QVL for this product.

After my initial build I ran prime95 blend test overnight with no errors but that was two weeks ago.

Attempting to run prime95 blend test with both sticks installed results in at least one of the 6 threads reporting the following error:

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Thinking it may have been a CPU problem, I ran the basic test that just hammers the CPU overnight and it resulted in 0 errors.

As soon as I ran the blend test again it the computer would lock up almost instantly.

Memtest86 multiple tests did not indicate any errors with the memory configuration.

My BIOS auto set the DRAM voltage at 1.825 and the latency at 9-9-9-24.

I was under the impression that the default settings for this kit were 1.650 and 8-8-8-24. Can anyone confirm this or specify the actual specs for this kit.

I am currently running one stick at 1.650 volts and 8-8-8-24 and will allow prime95 to run a blend test overnight. I am an hour into the test with no lockups or thread errors but will report back either way tomorrow.

I guess what I wanted to know if anyone has anything to add to this that may help me diagnose my dilemma. I'd also be glad to hear from someone at Corsair.

Thanks!

As an update, if I need to get a different kit, I have no problem doing that. Probably get the CMD8GX3M4A1333C7 although I only have a 32bit OS so I'd only get to use less than half of that.

Anyone want to go in half with me, LOL! j/k

Only buy memory from one of those 2 lists. Your memory is not listed as being compatible.

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your Asus M4A89GTD PRO

http://www.corsair.com/memory-3/amd-memory-solutions.html

The kit with part number CMP4GX3M2C1600C7 from your second list looks promising, however I do not see it as being returned as a possible match from your memory configurator from the first list.

Once bitten twice shy. How can I really be sure it'll work if your site doesn't list it as a match?

Because the AMD page DOES list is a match. Either way Corsair guarantees it regardless of which page they have it listed on.

Thanks for the info. I decided to go with the this kit:

CMD8GX3M4A1333C7

I'll be upgrading to a 64bit OS in the near future so I might as well get the 8GB. It's not much more than I paid for 4GB anyways.

Thanks Wired for the info! :sunglasse

Archived