Corsair Community

AX860i Self Test only after heated up.

ebrithiljonas

Hello,

I have an Ax860i powersupply, and every time I turn my PC off for about 8h or more I need to heat up the powersupply with a hotairgun for a few seconds so that my PC is able to boot. Before I heat it up it just turns on for 1 second and then the selftest led goes red, but after I heated it up, I can start my PC and It runs as long as I want without any stability issues.

Has someone any ideas what I can do about it?

Hello there! Please fill out an RMA through our Support site. We'd really like to get this unit back for testing and analysis. We'll be happy to get you a brand new unit so you don't have to keep doing this!

Please forward me the ticket once you've received it and I will take the appropriate steps soon after.

• Corsair Employee
Are you sure you're not confusing the fan turning on with the PSU turning on? Because the fan isn't going to turn on until the PSU is hot enough for it to do so. The fan is going to remain off for quite a while if the room is only 20°C.

• Corsair Employee

So, the only thing that makes sense to me in this circumstance is that some component is not folly soldered down to the PCB. By heating the unit up, you're softening up the solder enough for the part to make proper connectivity.

Why did you think you didn't have any warranty on the PSU? They have a 10 year warranty.

Archived