Corsair Community

iCue and LEDs on Vengeance RGB Pro not working after Aura install

Lacyn

I recently upgraded my MOBO to an Asus Crosshair Hero VIII. First boot was fine and everything worked then I installed the Asus ROG tools (Armoury Crate, Aura, Ai, etc) and I updated to the latest version of iCue. Upon reboot iCue would no longer initiate and the LEDs on my Vengeance RGB Pro were stuck in one color and then started changing very slowly (every 20 seconds for each stick). When I try to launch iCue, it starts then crashes after 2 seconds.

Here are the steps I took so far:

• Tried reinstalling iCue, the installer crashes at around 70% with the error "installer no longer responding". I hit retry, it continues but iCue never starts.
  • Tried uninstalling iCue, I get the same error.
  • Tried clearing all corsair files from my system. including the steps described here: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-
  • Tried another install after clearing all files. Still installer issue.
  • Uninstalled all Asus related software, rebooted, and tried the iCue install again. It still crashes.
  • Did the same step again and set the RAM frequency in BIOS to stock with no voltage change. Tried the installer again, still get the same error.
  • Cleaned my PC from all iCUE and Asus software. installed ASUS software first then iCUE. installer crashes and when I hit retry it skips from 70% to 100% but the software crashes again.
  • Tried adding the Corsair Aura plugin. No Avail.
  • Tried an older version of iCUE. Still same issue

At this point I kinda hit a wall and would need some advice/resolution options.

• Corsair Employee

Hey Lacyn,

Seems odd to have iCUE constantly crashing on you. Looks like you've already done your homework trying to find a solution. Sorry to see that none of them got it fixed. I think at this point, it'd be best to contact our support team and see if they have a different approach to troubleshoot this issue.