Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro Crashing/Freezing when gaming II

HermanTheGerman

I do have a similar issue as described here https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=198295 with my 2 years old and out of warranty time Corsair One Pro.

System configuration: Corsair One Pro with I7-7700k, 1080 TI, Z270 motherboard

I mainly play World of Warcraft Classic and it takes about 5 -10 minutes into game before my PC just locks up. :confused:

When it freezes I get a bunch of colored blocks all over the screen. Sometimes the game will crash and my PC will unfreeze, but more often I'm required to hit the power button and shut it off.

I've updated all GeForce drivers and tried working around this issue by reducing the graphics in the game but that did not help much.

I've checked the temperatures of all components in Corsair Link and the GPU is getting up to 72 - 75° C hot :mad: while the fan is at 2300 rpm.

Not sure if the GPU has to be replaced (by which model?) or if the conductive paste (as another user mentioned it on this forum) has to be renewed.

I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Go in BIOS and see if there's an option to drop the PCIe speed down to Gen2, you may also want to see if there's a motherboard update for your CORSAIR ONE model.

75C is within spec for the 1080 Ti which would throttle at 84C.

Reach out to our tech support team for additional assistance if needed: https://help.corsair.com

No expert here, just been fighting some mystery blue screens I may have finally beaten.... Have you run any diagnostics on all hardware? Check the crash logs? Event viewer? Sometimes reseating the RAM.. swap what slots they are in can help. It does sound like a graphics card issue. But the logs may point to something else.

When I run the diagnostics from the Corsair app everything always comes back clean. I don't know much about checking crash logs or event viewer but I have the same problem as the OP. Colored blocks on every game I try to play. I literally can't play anything except for fortnite and valorant. Basically games that have little to no requirements. I'm on my second corsair one and it's stupid that I'm having the same problems. Just bought the new avengers game and crashed immediately. Pretty sure I'm out of the warranty window at this point.

I just got off the phone with a corsair one rep and he says it's my cooling system to the gpu that has failed. I don't believe this is what's happening at all. My previous unit had the same problem. There's no way my luck is that bad that I received two corsair ones with failed cooling.