Corsair Community

Hardware Lighting & AIO Temperature

mattharbon

Hi all,

I have a H100i Platinum AIO which is fine, however when I open the device's 'Hardware Lighting' tab in iCUE, or when it is in Hardware Lighting mode (booting/shutting down), the AIO temperature rises quickly, according to iCUE. I've watched the CPU temperature whilst opening the tab and it doesn't change, but according to iCUE, I'm seeing a sudden ~5 degree Celsius rise. I had noticed it as my fans on the radiator were ramping up while shutting down. I have them set to a curve dictated by the AIO temperature.

I have completely removed and re-installed iCUE but this hasn't altered anything. Wondering if anyone else has had anything similar or if it is a possible software bug with this version?

Thanks

Ah, thats interesting. Had a play and discovered, like the thread says, it's to do with he RGB, specifically the fans attached to the radiator.

Idle: 29*

RGB on front fans: 32*

Hardware lighting tab open: 33*

I have a solid front on my case so the RGB isn't normally on on those fans, so if it persists and does my head in, I'll probably unplug the RGB cable from the hub!

You probably don't need to go that far and can use cool or dark colors to reduce the effect. When you are in the hardware lighting tab, it's previewing what you would see in hardware mode (although not always accurately). That does not mean it will necessarily do this when you are actually in hardware mode and some effects may show more temp rise than others. You can play around in Lighting Effects tab and see. You would expect full brightness and full R:G:B values like white 255/255/255 to be the most while a single LED primary like red should be less.

Regardless, the temp rise is false so it's more of a problem for fan control. Setting a white strobe effect would probably give you a headache. Anything more even should cause moment to moment changes.