Corsair Community

My Corsair Void keeps randomly beeping

Epiknezz

-What headset are you using? USB or Wireless?

Are there any leds on the InfoMic flashing?

These are the possible cases where the headset will beep if i recall correctly (May not be the full list);

-Is your battery charge low?

-Are you constantly changing EQ profiles?

-Are you muting the microphone?

-Are you enabling/disabling Dolby Surround?

-Are you pressing the volume rocker switch? If so, it changes the EQ profiles and Enables/Disables Dolby Surround.

-If you have a wireless headset, Does the sound stop and come back each time it beeps?

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Sounds like there is a weak connection from the dongle to the headset.

Do both InfoMic leds start flashing as well as the dongle led when it occurs?

Do you have any wireless devices near the headset and dongle?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Same problem with me.

I tried using a different port. Nope. Still screwed up. This has been happening for almost more than a year.

I have no wireless things near me right now. My phone is upstairs.

• 2 years later...

I believe the beeping is an indicator that they are in auto-shutdown sequence due to lack of audio activity.

I found this thread after looking up the beeping myself and I played a video to see if I could still hear audio and a "auto shutdown cancelled" message played and the beeping ceased. This may only work for newer headsets though as I bought mine in 2019.

• 5 months later...

For anyone still having this problem, I have a possible fix.

This is applicable to both laptop and desktop pcs.

In Windows, Search for Power & Sleep Settings

Scroll down to Additional Settings

Find your current plan and select Change Plan Settings

Click Change Advanced Power Settings

Find USB Settings and expand it by clicking the + icon

Expand USB Selective Suspend Setting

If it says Enabled, disable it. On desktop pc, there should only be one instance. On

laptops, there will be On Battery and Plugged In. Disable this setting for both.

Click Apply and you're good.

So I had this problem where my mic sounded like absolute trash and after going back & forth with Corsair tech support, they finally suggested the above solution. Well, my bf recently got this same headset and he was having that beeping problem. Forcing a firmware update didn't fix it, updating iCue didn't fix it, we couldn't figure out what to do.

On a hunch I had him disable the USB selective suspend setting and he hasn't had the problem since.

Edited by greyaria
formatting

• 5 months later...
For anyone still having this problem, I have a possible fix.

This is applicable to both laptop and desktop pcs.

In Windows, Search for Power & Sleep Settings

Scroll down to Additional Settings

Find your current plan and select Change Plan Settings

Click Change Advanced Power Settings

Find USB Settings and expand it by clicking the + icon

Expand USB Selective Suspend Setting

If it says Enabled, disable it. On desktop pc, there should only be one instance. On

laptops, there will be On Battery and Plugged In. Disable this setting for both.

Click Apply and you're good.

So I had this problem where my mic sounded like absolute trash and after going back & forth with Corsair tech support, they finally suggested the above solution. Well, my bf recently got this same headset and he was having that beeping problem. Forcing a firmware update didn't fix it, updating iCue didn't fix it, we couldn't figure out what to do.

On a hunch I had him disable the USB selective suspend setting and he hasn't had the problem since.

I have the same problem - tried your fix but i don't have anything in my power settings for a USB - any other ideas.

I have the same problem - tried your fix but i don't have anything in my power settings for a USB - any other ideas.

Hey bro, whatsup? I need to ask you something, do you use an AMD graphic card?

If yes, can you deactivate "Radeon Chill" inside "Radeon Software/Games Channel" option and test if beeps stop?

• 1 month later...

I have just found a potential solution that I couldn't find anywhere else. This page was one I always came across to find the answer but wasn't working for me. It is a power issue but the previous solution on this page didn't work. You must go to device manager -> Universal Serial Bus drop down-> pright click 'USB Root Hub' and click properties -> power management -> uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

My issues are gone. Hope it helps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...