Corsair Community

Corsair Void background noise

waseland

I bought a Corsair Void USB today but everytime the headset receives sound there is a static noise in the background which goes on for some time everytime the headset receives sound.

So when I am listening to a song it will happen and when the song has finished the noise stays for a couple of seconds and then dissapears.

When I am on Teamspeak I have it all the time since the headset is retrieving sounds constantly even when no one is speaking.

I also hear that the noises from my computer are pretty loud. Maybe it has something to do with that.

I have the latest version of CUE installed.

Anyone have an idea?

i got the same issue since first day, no update yet, i got the VOID on releasing date and still waiting to resolve some issues (or at least try to resolve....).

I got the static sound on the left earcup and its very annoying. If you want the void but with no issues, return the USB version and get the Wireless, no updates for usb version and every week or so they update the wireless...

My VOID USB has just started giving noise since I updated the new CUE. I am not sure if it is the CUE causing the problem. However, I just want to draw Corsair attention to the problem so that they can look at it and produce a fix soon.

By the way, is any new firmware for VOID USB?

My VOID USB has just started giving noise since I updated the new CUE. I am not sure if it is the CUE causing the problem. However, I just want to draw Corsair attention to the problem so that they can look at it and produce a fix soon.

By the way, is any new firmware for VOID USB?

Go into CUE and check for yourself! :):

Other than that.. when it has a buzzing noise, turning the headset off and on again seems to help here! :): ..

Buzzing on microphone got removed in the new firmware!

Go into CUE and check for yourself! :):

Other than that.. when it has a buzzing noise, turning the headset off and on again seems to help here! :): ..

Buzzing on microphone got removed in the new firmware!

Define "turning the headset off and on again". This is about the USB headset not the Wireless one.

Anyone with a Corsair Void USB that knows if this issue came with a newer version of CUE?

I hear static noise since purchase if I have sound volume 50+. So I keep it at 40-46% for Corsair USB 7.1. It's bad and irritating.

Corsair Wireless is getting firmware updates every week or two, USB version - never, who cares, right? 0.10 version forever.

Moreover, in games and in music / films, I sometimes get terrible static crackling in both ears. It's just terrible, really.

The device is connected to the back usb 2.0 slot directly into the motherboard.

I hear static noise since purchase if I have sound volume 50+. So I keep it at 40-46% for Corsair USB 7.1. It's bad and irritating.

Corsair Wireless is getting firmware updates every week or two, USB version - never, who cares, right? 0.10 version forever.

Moreover, in games and in music / films, I sometimes get terrible static crackling in both ears. It's just terrible, really.

The device is connected to the back usb 2.0 slot directly into the motherboard.

I used your advice, the static is less now but it's still there. It's just very annoying. I might return this headset and go for another brand... :(

tbh i have noticed this aswell, but tbh i now think its not corsair related but windows, i say this because if i turn windows volume right up & play something its lovely sounds great, but if i pause the audio and turn windows down after pausing the audio the static goes away... mine is wireless, but usb ones i hear are the same

What you are experiencing is a natural phenomenon that is entirely due to the internal electronic circuits within the amplifier. I'm not saying that external EMI doesn't come along now and then and cause noise because it does, however, what you have described is "thermal noise"... :):

Take any speakers and try and turn them to 100% on any amplifier.. It will give you the same kinda hissing.. I will say tho, that a lot of bad power supply's makes this way worse because of "bad" power through the motherboard (usb)

I just got and installed my Void Wireless and discovered this background static noise. What i discovered was when i entered the Corsair CUE software and browsed to Profiles- Audio there is two slidebars to adjust. One for mic and one for sidenote. I set the sidenote to zero (you can also just turn it off completely by pressning the button below the slidebar) and the noise is now gone. Yet i sense no difference in quality.

I dont know if this applies to the Void USB but hey why not??

I just got and installed my Void Wireless and discovered this background static noise. What i discovered was when i entered the Corsair CUE software and browsed to Profiles- Audio there is two slidebars to adjust. One for mic and one for sidenote. I set the sidenote to zero (you can also just turn it off completely by pressning the button below the slidebar) and the noise is now gone. Yet i sense no difference in quality.

I dont know if this applies to the Void USB but hey why not??

Turning sidetone off didn't do the trick. Lucky it worked for you! :)

Mine has been doing the same day since the first day. I pre-ordered it, so I've had it since the beginning. Nothing I have tried has made any difference, but I'm well beyond the return date.

I also have the problem with the microphone having a tinny/robotic/metallic sound which seems to happen randomly, but that's another matter entirely.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I had this issue as well. It was in my left ear cup and would be noticeable at 20 and get louder as I increased the volume. I was playing around with my sound mixer and just by chance lowered my Realtek audio(microphone) volume. Poof!! The static went away completely. I would suggest opening your sound mixer and see if any of the Realtek audio devices are on. If they are, you can simply disable them. Hope this helps. :biggrin:

• 2 months later...
Just purchased the Void PRO RGB USB and Corsair has practically dumped support for this product, only problem is the left ear cup noise/static which is giving me a headache even when there is no audio playing as well as this threads issue of the normal static. So I have 2 static issues with this $150 AUD headset. WTF Corsair

Archived