Corsair Community

Corsair Crystal 280x RGB

Jonas98_

Hey

I wanted to move my actual pc into the Corsair Crystal 280x RGB. And I have two questions. How many Fans are already pre installed in the case? I am asking that because my mainboard (Asus H110M Plus) only have on case fan connector and I wanted to know if there is any way I can use more then one with my mainboard by any chance and if so how.

1) You could buy a powered fan splitter or hub. This is a SATA powered junction that takes the PWM control signal from a motherboard header and then repeats it for 3-5 others on the hub. All fans run at the same speed as defined in the BIOS for that one header.

2) Get a Commander Pro. You are moving into a glass house. I suspect your are going to have some RGB fans as well. That means you need either a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro. The C-Pro is a LNP with a 6 port fan controller. Each port is individually controlled, can do DC or PWM, and works with most every fan. It is not limited to Corsair fans only. This would also give you desktop software control over all fan speeds vs being bound to your BIOS options which frankly, if you only have one header I am going to assume are not great. The only requirement is you need 1 USB 2.0 internal header to connect the C-Pro to the motherboard so data can be passed between devices and software.

Hey thanks for your reply

So I now thought about getting a commander pro with the crytsal 280x and just wanted to know if the things are the following:

I can simply connect all my fans to the commander pro, power them using the Sata Power connector and controll them using my free usb 2.0 header on the motherboard right?