Corsair Community

void wireless headset disconnecting

Randymartin4425

Hi, I don't know what is going on with my Void Wireless headset... its fully updated and i have the latest version of cue.... this problem has been an issue since i got the thing. I have the black wireless void headset. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting contentiously and the info mic light keeps going off but i don't get any messages or anything to tell me what the heck is going on... also the headphones crackle before real bad before they disconnect and reconnect... please help before I break them!!!

This might be related to FW 33 disconnection issue.

You can try this and see if it helps;

Some users have mentioned being able to find a work around such as re-pairing the headset and uninstalling then reinstalling CUE.

Do you have any wireless devices near the dongle and headset?

Have you tried the headset on another computer? Does it do the same thing?

I have an Xbox that's always turned off next to it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. i tried in for a very short time on a friends computer and it worked fine. and some times it works ok. other times it wants to just connect and disconnect a couple hundred times until i turn it off and get off the computer... I notice in Cue all these options for messages yet nothing ever shows up for messages..

• 1 year later...

I found a fix after spending a week of trying to fix this issue.

The headphones broadcast near the same frequency as WiFi channel 6 and this was causing frequent disconnects. Moving my home WiFi to channel 1 fixed the issue for me. Moving it to channel 12 or 1 may also fix it for others, the idea is that you want to keep your WiFi and headphone frequencies from stomping over each other.

Please see the image below for proof. I pulled out my spectrum analyzer and it's clear to see the noise in the before/after screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/5yx8OYQ.png

• 9 months later...
I found a fix after spending a week of trying to fix this issue.

The headphones broadcast near the same frequency as WiFi channel 6 and this was causing frequent disconnects. Moving my home WiFi to channel 1 fixed the issue for me. Moving it to channel 12 or 1 may also fix it for others, the idea is that you want to keep your WiFi and headphone frequencies from stomping over each other.

Please see the image below for proof. I pulled out my spectrum analyzer and it's clear to see the noise in the before/after screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/5yx8OYQ.png

Thanks man I will try looking into this and see

Archived