Corsair Community

Minor issues \ Suggestions

Zhengping

I've got 3 HD120 connected to an H150i Pro and 1 HD120 alongside 2 HD140 connected to a Commander Pro, plus quite a few other iCUE devices, and while I'm enjoying the capabilities of the iCUE software, I also have a number of minor issues...

Now, I don't expect every single one of them to get addressed, but since I'm on it I'll go all out.

Starting with something that is straight up bugged:

H150i - "ALL DEVICES"

I can only access this option from the H150i Pro performance panel, but it does nothing beside changing all the AiO fans settings to one of the presets while locking the performance settings for every other device (an HX850i and a Commander Pro with 3 more fans attached in my case).

And by "locking" I mean I'm actually still able to change the settings for each fan not connected to the H150i, but it will be stuck operating according to the settings it had before the "All Devices" option was turned on.

I'm assuming this option was meant for synchronizing fans connected to different controllers to one curve, but it simply doesn't work.

It would be really nice to be able to share the same curve (possibly a custom % one) among different controllers.

H150i - Fans control

I don't really have any major complain about this one, most presets work as they are supposed to (Quiet is actually quiet) and I can set a custom % curve.

Only thing not working is the Zero RPM mode.

I get that the HD120 I've attached are different from the ML120 it comes with, but is it really impossible to update the software so that it can simply turn off the fans?

Not a big issue, but still...

Commander Pro - Fans control

Presets are useless here (btw, having them display their curves instead of letting you guess them would be an improvement by itself), "Quiet" already makes the fans spin at near max speed with the CPU on idle, turning the the PC into a vacuum cleaner.

I'm using Corsair fans connected to a Corsair controller which is in turn commanded by Corsair software, you would expect iCUE to at least know how my fans operate out of the box.

You can set a custom curve, but instead of letting you use percentages like the H150i does, it gives you a small RPM graph that goes from 0 to 4000, disregarding the much smaller range your fans can actually work with.

Quite frustrating to use, especially you can set a fixed %, meaning a H150i-like percentage curve should be feasible.

Nothing is really broken, but this is honestly the piece of hardware I'm mostly disappointed with since it's quite expansive and it's worse than my motherboard at controlling the fans.

VENGEANCE RGB PRO - Hardware Settings

This is a weird one...

Every other iCUE device (at least those with a memory included) allows you to set the hardware lighting configuration from the dedicated tab, but these RAM modules require you to open the device settings, disable software mode, open the main tab, change the settings (which are now stored in the device) and then reactivate software mode again to pick the iCUE software settings you want.

I see no reason why this device can't work like the other ones and requires such a roundabout procedure to do the same thing.

K70 LUX RGB - Brightness Key

It would be great to be able to link the brightness key with all the iCUE devices.

There isn't much of a point in being able to turn down your keyboard brightness alone when your mouse, your case and every piece of hardware inside it are all lightened up like a Christmas tree.

You can kinda get around this by having dedicated profiles associated to the key to turn down the brightness or turn off the lights completely, but it's not quite the same thing in terms of convenience.

Edited by Zhengping

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

1- A Profile changing/changer option with a right click on the iCUE icon on the taskbar instead of opening the icue system

2- A Profile option that picked up randomly profiles for a specific time / day ( when you have 40 profiles and do not know which one to choose)

3- A brightness option with the right click on iCUE icon to increase or decrease brightness with a quick click

3- With a Full color red profile ( like crimson profile) , we can see some quick interference in the color shown , like blue very quick but only on one fan and randomly one other too.

Ive checked already if there was a blue color that was interfering but no

Edited by hAine

H150i - "ALL DEVICES"

I can only access this option from the H150i Pro performance panel, but it does nothing beside changing all the AiO fans settings to one of the presets while locking the performance settings for every other device (an HX850i and a Commander Pro with 3 more fans attached in my case).

And by "locking" I mean I'm actually still able to change the settings for each fan not connected to the H150i, but it will be stuck operating according to the settings it had before the "All Devices" option was turned on.

I'm assuming this option was meant for synchronizing fans connected to different controllers to one curve, but it simply doesn't work.

It would be really nice to be able to share the same curve (possibly a custom % one) among different controllers.

its for when you have more than one Corsair i Series AIO attached buddy. say you have them on SLI gpu's.. it lets you sync them..