Corsair Community

Icue Hydro X Fans Don't Move

Apoll-0

I set my two radiator fans in my project pc to hydro x fans. I have the temperature sensor in the pump and connected to the 1st plug on the commander pro yet the fans set as a Hydro X Fan will not move.

I honestly have no idea what to do since Icue is totally new to me.

You do not have to use the Hydro X curves and can make your own. My room is quite cool in Winter and I normally wouldn’t reach 30C with the fans at low to medium speed. On the other hand, if I leave them off completely I’ll hit 35C very fast and wind up with fans Jumping across the on/off temp point and ultimately wind up with hardware temps 5-10C warmer — a more fan speed changing than if I had left them running at a steady, slower pace. On the other hand, someone in 28C room might find it perfect. Like anything else, customizing it for your specific needs and tolerances is always going to be better than a universal preset.

A few guidelines: 1) +1C coolant temp = +1C GPU/CPU temp and the same thing for temp reduction. Don’t blast your fans for a 1-2C reduction. Hardly worth it. 2) Slow moving fans always move more air than 0 rpm. If you eliminate fan noise, you will reveal something else underneath and it’s usually more distracting. If you have an enormous quad 480mm radiator system, then you can do whatever you want. Most of us need some fans to move the heat off the fins. 3) You are moving heat from the radiator, not blowing air on your Cpu. You don’t need the fans to be reactive to the CPU temp, accelerate when you open folders or launch apps, or play videos. Slow and steady will do the job. The fans never need to make dramatic shifts in speed.