Corsair Community

MM600 Owners Feedback... Longevity?

Dweezil

Looking for some input from MM600 Gaming Mouse Mat owners who have had their unit for at least a year. I've got 3 questions. Design, durability and the rubber feet. None of these are really addressed in the reviews you can find on YT or other product review sites. Those all focus on the initial impressions.

From what I can see, the only difference between old (CH-9000017) style and the new (CH-9000084) style is the logo and the design/red stripe on one side. Is the only difference between the new fractile pattern and the old hex pattern simply aesthetic? Does the old hex pattern cause any tracking issues with the new Laser Sabre or M65 mice? I prefer the old style with the hex graphic and old logo and they are still available locally. But if the hex pattern causes issues with the new RBG Laser mice, then I will go with the new design.

My main concern, however, is durability. How well does the surface hold up over long term use? I'm upgrading from a Rz Vespula. My surface was scratched/marked up from the mouse feet after just 6mo of regular use. Now that it is almost 2 years old, it is pretty dang ugly and causing some tracking issues. I don't want to be buying a new mousing surface every year or two so I'm hoping this MM600 will stay in good shape for a long time.

Next, with the logo being moved to the bottom center of the pad, has anyone had any issues with the logo wearing off from contact with your wrist or arm? The logo on my Rz wrist pad wore off after just a few months. I know the logo on the MM600 is outside the actual mousing area but a worn off logo just looks bad and yes, it bothers me over time.

Lastly, the rubber feet. For those of you who have had them for a while, obviously it's not an issue for you or you would have dumped it a long time ago. Do you find the feet are slick and tend to wander or is it simply a break-in issue that after a short period they get a bit more grip? Or did you find another work around such as scuffing them up?

Thanks in advance for your honest feedback.

Archived