Corsair Community

Commander Pro: 22000rpm fan glitch

acYm

Hi. Since the last update to iCue a few days ago, my fan connector #6 doesn't work anymore, with any fan. It says either 9000 or 22000 rpm in the fan profile page, and the fan will make a loud whining noise and not spin as soon as I set it to 3pin, 4pin or auto in the settings.

I've seen other people with this issue last year, with Corsair Link, but no solution, and nothing from this year. This is worrying, I wonder if it's a sign of a hardware fault.

I do remember that at first I had tried to use a splitter on that port, not aware that splitters aren't supported on this device (this should really be in the documentation), I wonder if I might have somehow fried it. However, it WAS working fine on that port with a single fan for a long time before this last update.

Yeah, splitters aren't "officially" supported but 2-way splitters haven't given me any issues. And there's a bunch of stuff that should be in the docs but aren't (like powering the coolers properly.) But ... I digress.

A couple of questions ... do you have any other software that accesses the CoPro? HWInfo, perhaps? Have you tried forcing a firmware update (re-flashing with the latest)?

well maybe 4-pin splitters work but 3-pin splitters don't, that's for sure, if you try to set a custom curve, it'll start spinning at max speed soon as you reach the threshold and never stop or slow down until you restart the system.

I guess I can try forcing a firmware refresh, not a bad idea.

No other monitoring is running when the issue happens.

I was wondering if there is a link to the previous version of iCue, I'd like to reinstall it and try that

well maybe 4-pin splitters work but 3-pin splitters don't, that's for sure, if you try to set a custom curve, it'll start spinning at max speed soon as you reach the threshold and never stop or slow down until you restart the system.

I guess I can try forcing a firmware refresh, not a bad idea.

No other monitoring is running when the issue happens.

I was wondering if there is a link to the previous version of iCue, I'd like to reinstall it and try that

Do you have the fans configured as 3-pin fans? Go to Settings, click on the CoPro ...

Archived