Corsair Community

Is Corsair Link really a POS?

Streetwolf

I just received my second RMA'ed CL because my first one kept showing my radiator fans running well over 3000 RPMS.

This new one doesn't seem to control my chaises fans at all. No matter what Performance Mode I set them to they always display the same RPMS and don't get any louder or softer. Same goes for the radiator fans except when I set them to max RPMs then they really fly and make noise. Once again RPMS are well over 3000.

And why do my chassis fans belong to my AMD GPU group? I can't seem to define a new group called Chassis Fans or any other name. The software won't let me.

Finally, what are Point 1...5 on the Custom Control setup? Are they CPU temperature? This too doesn't seem to work.

I was considering buying a Corsair Link but with all the problems that people seem to be having, I think I will wait a while.

Especially after RMAing a H80 due to grinding and then the supposedly fixed replacement having a high pitched Buzzing, not sure whats going on with QA.

Can't really justify Corsair having the CL on the market at the moment with the ongoing problems.

i too was hesitant getting the CL but mine has been working flawlessly,ive added,deleted,modifies different profiles and no problems

now the lighting temp is a few degrees off but easily worked around.

i did research here and bought fans that were confirmed to work so that im sure that helps.this is a board for problems so your gonna get lots of negatives here so dont decide simply on that and fortunately corsair has the best policy for standing by their name.

and no [as previously accused]i do NOT work for corsair,im just a customer that has had a well enough experience with these products and plan on adding to my other 3 computers,soon as my rich uncle gets out of the poor house:D:

Just for the record my rig is practically all Corsair. H100 and the fans that came with it. Obsidian 800D and the fans that came with that. Even Corsair memory.

I'm on the latest version of the software and I'm wondering if that could be the cause of what's happening. I remember the prevous version worked as expected until I started getting crazy radiator fan RPM's.

wytnyt, are you using the latest version of the software, 1.2.7.0?

here

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/drivers/CorsairLinkInstall_1.2.3.exe

just make sure you reboot after your uninstall

Installed 1.2.3 and I really don't see a difference. As an experiment I set my H-100 fans to ~1700 under Fixed RPM. I can hear the fans rev up and they are much noisier. However, when I use High Performance even though the RPMS are ~1700 or even higher I hardly hear the fans. What is this telling me? And I still see the RPMS go over 3500 at times especially when I start changing the different modes.

Unless I completely don't understand how the CL works it seems to me something is wrong. Am I correct in assuming that the speed of the rad fans are tied in with the H-100 pump temp?

Btw... my radiator fans are connected to the H-100 and not the temperature controller thingy.

Installed 1.2.3 and I really don't see a difference. As an experiment I set my H-100 fans to ~1700 under Fixed RPM. I can hear the fans rev up and they are much noisier. However, when I use High Performance even though the RPMS are ~1700 or even higher I hardly hear the fans. What is this telling me? And I still see the RPMS go over 3500 at times especially when I start changing the different modes.

Unless I completely don't understand how the CL works it seems to me something is wrong. Am I correct in assuming that the speed of the rad fans are tied in with the H-100 pump temp?

Btw... my radiator fans are connected to the H-100 and not the temperature controller thingy.

your fans should be hooked to the h100 yes

i assume these are stock fans and at 1700 rpm you will only notice a small increase in noise

from 2k it steadily increases in noise

you can un mount a fan and visually look at the rpm changes for a better idea

when you do a fixed rpm,pump temp isnt being controlled,,meaning the fixed setting does the controlling

custom control adjusts the temp range to whatever group device you add it to.

Should the group for my H100 fans be my CPU Temp or the H100 Pump Temp? I am assuming that the fans spin according to the group they belong to.

you can put them in any,,so if one fan is in cpu group and set to spin to 1500 rpm at 35c,when cpu reaches 35c the fan goes to 1500

i use cpu myself as it changes temp according to load

you will notice in the ''fixed rpm'' pic,only 3 of 5 fan are in the 800 rpm range group

I just don't get it. My radiator fans RPMS are about 2600 yet I hardly hear them. I just came out of a game. Does it take so long for the software to get the RPMS right? After a minute they are down to 1600. Is the delay normal?

I've used Speedfan in the past and when you set a speed it takes affect right away and my fans increase or decrease as I set things up. SF works very fast in switching speeds unlike CL.

are they stock fans?

the spin up within 15-20 sec but perhaps a minute to spin down

is the profile working?

Yes, they are the stock fans that came with my H-100. I'll have to stress my CPU to really find out if my profile is working. Still can't seem to get my case fans to run other than at max. Good thing is they are quiet even at max.

sounds like you need to familiarize yourself with the profiles,it pulled my hair out at times

there are some fans that cant be controlled by cl

i assume they are pwm fans and connected to cl and not the mb right?

The fans are not increasing in volume even when I set a custom control where all points are 2600 and I run my CPU at 100%. The RPMS say 2600 but the fan isn't spinning that fast. I can hardly hear it.

Unless I get this sorted out I'll have to give my CL the heave ho and use the built in H100 fan control. This always worked.

btw... Does anyone know if I hook one fan to the CPU connector and the other fan to the CPU_opt connector on my Mobo could I control the fan speed using Speedfan? Or maybe I need to connect them to a fan connector on the mobo.

I'm just looking for another way to control the fans via software.

btw... Does anyone know if I hook one fan to the CPU connector and the other fan to the CPU_opt connector on my Mobo could I control the fan speed using Speedfan? Or maybe I need to connect them to a fan connector on the mobo.

I'm just looking for another way to control the fans via software.

yes you can do that too,most motherboards have their own software to do this,my asus has aisuite and works good

Archived