Corsair Community

New Corsair Link GPU Node?

bee144

I just noticed that there is a new accessory for link to monitor gpu power usage. Is there any video or blog showing how it integrates?

If you get a new AX1200i doesn't that already integrate with the link to tell you power usage stats?

Yes it can but it comes with its own MB connection and software

Gotcha. Do you just plug in the power supply PCI-E connector into the module and then plug in the module power cord into the graphics card?

There is not GPU connection, the 1200I connects to a USB Port on the MB.

I am not understanding something. Will this GPU node connect to a GPU and a Link and work that way or does it need to be connected to a 1200I and a Link in order to work.

Also, what exactly will it do?

Does it do more that report temps?

Will it control fan speeds of the GPU through the Link software? If so will it work with the current software or a later release?

http://www.corsair.com/us/corsair-link-gpu-node.html

Also I just noted it is on sale for $29.99

I am not understanding something. Will this GPU node connect to a GPU and a Link and work that way or does it need to be connected to a 1200I and a Link in order to work.

Also, what exactly will it do?

Does it do more that report temps?

Will it control fan speeds of the GPU through the Link software? If so will it work with the current software or a later release?

http://www.corsair.com/us/corsair-link-gpu-node.html

Also I just noted it is on sale for $29.99

My understanding is that it will report power usage. Thats it.

There is not GPU connection, the 1200I connects to a USB Port on the MB.

Lets say I don't have a 1200i(I plan on buying one when you finally release them! Cant wait!)

Do I connect the PCI-E lead from the analog PSU to the GPU node PCI-E socket and then connect the already attached PCI-E cable on the GPU node and insert that to my GPU? Then connect the GPU node to Corsair Link?

Lets say I don't have a 1200i(I plan on buying one when you finally release them! Cant wait!)

Do I connect the PCI-E lead from the analog PSU to the GPU node PCI-E socket and then connect the already attached PCI-E cable on the GPU node and insert that to my GPU? Then connect the GPU node to Corsair Link?

If you buy the AX1200i you will not need the GPU node. The GPU node is a stand alone product that fits in a 3.5" HDD bay that has a set of 8 pin PCI-E connectors, an analog output, and a power cable. You would plug the PCI-E cable from the PSU into the unit and the cables from the GPU node back to your GPU. The analog output would be connected to one of the analog inputs on the Cooling Node of the Corsair Link hardware set. 4 pin Molex connected to PSU to power the thing. Then in the Corsair Link software UI you would get a display box for the amount of power that was being pulled through the PCI-E cables into the GPU's.

The AX1200i will do this on each of the PCI-E ports for the PSU without the additional box. The AX1200i comes with a USB dongle that allows you to plug the PSU directly to the system without having any other Corsair Link hardware. If you do already have Corsair Link hardware, you can connect it directly to the Commander unit so you don't lose another internal USB header.

• Corsair Employee

Yeah, the GPU node hooks into the Link Commander device, and lets you monitor GPU power usage on ANY power supply.

The AX1200i has this functionality built in, and does not require any additional hardware to achieve it.

This is basically for somebody who is curious as to how much power their GPU is drawing and would like to know.

Yeah, the GPU node hooks into the Link Commander device, and lets you monitor GPU power usage on ANY power supply.

The AX1200i has this functionality built in, and does not require any additional hardware to achieve it.

This is basically for somebody who is curious as to how much power their GPU is drawing and would like to know.

Reporting temps and controlling fan speed would be nice.

I should have been more clear. It would be nice to use the Link to control the GPU's fan speed based on it's temp. Like EVGA's Precision X's fan curve.

Are you MAD , you want to replace a free piece of reliable software with a paid product thats at best beta ( i use AB but same engine ) , my gpu's the most expensive single component i have so not going to risk the fans stopping for no reason .

Are you MAD , you want to replace a free piece of reliable software with a paid product thats at best beta ( i use AB but same engine ) , my gpu's the most expensive single component i have so not going to risk the fans stopping for no reason .

Good Point. I stand corrected.

Archived