Corsair Community

I give up

D3w4yne

I've tried to use this thing since it launched. I've dealt with the profiles never being saved, devices randomly dissapearing. Today I opened it up and 2 of my fans were MIA and all of a sudden it was monitoring memory temps. I've never seen it monitor memory temps before... How does that even happen?

So I had the brilliant idea of trying the new 1.2.7 update. Now I have a missing cooling node and fans spinning at max RPM. Awesome update.

This product, in my experience, has been a failure. Combined with my streak of luck with the H100 (four bad units) makes me seriously doubt I'll be getting anything from Corsair again. Sure I'm just one person but this forum isn't exactly filled with success stories regarding the Link system.

I wish it would work, it was such a promising idea. I'm not sure where the break down was but it's of no use to me at this point. I'd love a refund but I highly doubt that would even be considered. It would certainly make my experience much better.

I quit,

Dewayne

I've tried to use this thing since it launched. I've dealt with the profiles never being saved, devices randomly dissapearing. Today I opened it up and 2 of my fans were MIA and all of a sudden it was monitoring memory temps. I've never seen it monitor memory temps before... How does that even happen?

So I had the brilliant idea of trying the new 1.2.7 update. Now I have a missing cooling node and fans spinning at max RPM. Awesome update.

This product, in my experience, has been a failure. Combined with my streak of luck with the H100 (four bad units) makes me seriously doubt I'll be getting anything from Corsair again. Sure I'm just one person but this forum isn't exactly filled with success stories regarding the Link system.

I wish it would work, it was such a promising idea. I'm not sure where the break down was but it's of no use to me at this point. I'd love a refund but I highly doubt that would even be considered. It would certainly make my experience much better.

I quit,

Dewayne

I would try an RMA.

Yeah... Thanks.

I've already requested an RMA and specified that I'd like a refund.

A replacement unit will fix the bricked cooling node but it will not fix the software.

This has been a 6 month long beta test for me. I'd like a little love from the manufacturer for my efforts.

Is it difficult to get an RMA?

I filled out the form for an RMA and had to list my purchase date and location. Three days later I get this:

Hi Dewayne,

We apologize for the inconvenience this have caused you. When and where did you purchase this unit? Please provide a copy of your receipt to removed.

This seems redundant since I had already told them purchase date and location but I replied and sent a receipt as requested.

Radio silence since then. The case has been open for 10 days. Is this normal?

Case #4843485

Dewayne

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but it will take time to process this type of request and if you did not purchase it directly from us I am not sure we would be able to give you a refund, only replace it.

I will send our customer service a message and ask them to contact you ASAP.

Thanks RAM guy. I did purchase it direct from corsair.

I got a response today that my request was approved, whatever you did got some wheels turning.

I truly hope that in the future this product overcomes all of its problems. It's a great idea and as far as I know the only one of it's kind.

Dewayne

• Corsair Employee
Yes and I agree with you but we are working to solve the issues and it seems to be hit and miss. What I mean by that is many have no problems at all while others experience several types of odd issues that we are trying to sort out.

Archived