Corsair Community

Corsair Link 2?

Commando383

Which sounds like corporate speak for 'yes it exists but you didn't hear it from me', however;

I figured that would get out sooner or later, it is not a new version of the Link only the new version of the software so it will work with the 1200i PSU!

Whom to believe... :P

The videos from Computex are pretty clear. George said:

This is a beta of the next gen of Corsair Link software, so it's not 100% complete ...

That's the same thing that Ram Guy said. People are just hearing "new Link" and assuming it's hardware when it's just new software in the works.

New software? Yes. New hardware? Not that anyone's ever mentioned.

The videos from Computex are pretty clear. George said:

That's the same thing that Ram Guy said. People are just hearing "new Link" and assuming it's hardware when it's just new software in the works.

New software? Yes. New hardware? Not that anyone's ever mentioned.

Good clarification. There is no new Link hardware at this time. It's software, V2.

When I said "both" above I was stating that the person could believe me and believe RAMGUY as we both had given accurate information.

eTailers and retailers have not even set a price yet. Tell her that they are dirt cheap ::pirate::

i thought i saw em on corsair for 349

wife wont go for any price right now,i had my new computer parts shipped to my work,then snuck em home but got caught bringing the last part home :[pouts:

this one makes the 4th one sitting on my desk,its the same headache every time,anyone need a low mileage wife?

free!:evil:

i thought i saw em on corsair for 349

wife wont go for any price right now,i had my new computer parts shipped to my work,then snuck em home but got caught bringing the last part home :[pouts:

this one makes the 4th one sitting on my desk,its the same headache every time,anyone need a low mileage wife?

free!:evil:

LOL!!!! .......... :rofl:

There is no new Link hardware at this time. It's software, V2.

See, that is what I thought before reading your post above. You have to admit, that answer is a lot clearer than your first, but still avoids making any promises that people may try and hold you to later.

I think with the current climate of these boards of people having issues and complaining about the lack of resolutions to date, just some information would go a long way to set some minds at ease. I understand the unwillingness to give release dates or details until things are ironed out in case they cannot be met, but if there is even a suspicion that the current hardware was being replaced before the software bugs were ironed out, I would want to kill that rumour dead before it could cause any more problems.

Just for clarity's sake, my Link is working quite well with my setup so I am not desperate for any new software as my issues are just minor bugs (e.q LEDs not responding until i switch out of the profile and back in again) so personally I can wait, but any improvements are always welcome.

I am not trying to bust any balls here, I have a LOT of Corsair parts in my new build and have had some very good experiences with tech support, so it's just my 2 cents...

Archived