Corsair Community

Can't save lighting on K65 Rapidfire

Frs4ken

EDIT:

USED AN OLDER VERSION OF CUE AND IT WORKED

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/corsair-utility-engine-download.html

Does this keyboard even have on-board memory?

I'm aware that I can only save static lighting profiles.

This "Save lighting and Performance to Device" button does absolutely nothing.

After I close ICue from tray the keyboard reverts to the default lighting pattern.

Using latest keyboard firmware and iCue as of 4/2/2020

emailed corsair support and the employee asked me for the receipt and serial number immediately. Is this a known defect on this model>?

CH-9110014-NA

and yes ive already tried resetting the keyboard it didnt solve my issue

attachment.php?attachmentid=37779&stc=1&d=1585803426

icue.thumb.png.20a8dbc6e0e87e114cbe23dcf645745e.png

Edited by Frs4ken

There appears to be an issue with older "save to device" hardware and the changed saved system in v3.27. As you discovered, it still works if you roll back, but unless you keep version specific back-up copies for each, you lose your profiles on roll back. Hopefully the info saved to the device will carry forward once you reinstall 3.27, but some other users reported their lighting reset to default after installing it. Either way that's a lot of back and forth to save new lighting.

Hi, I just bought a new K65 RGB, I have the same issue, I can click the "Save lighting and Performance to Device" button, but nothing happen, after I exit iCue the keyboard lighting just back to default Red+White. I'm wondering if it's not able to save lighting to keyboard at all, or this is just a bug, it should be fixed in future? Thank you.

It is a bug in the current version which just got a new save to device system. The original poster demonstrated that by rolling back a version and saving. Others have done the same on different hardware and it is not just the K65 RGB affected.

If you are new to iCUE and don't have a lot of built up profiles, you can use the prior 3.26 version. Uninstall 3.27 and check the box to Delete User Settings. iCUE Profiles are not backwards compatible, so when you roll back the software can't read them and it some cases can cause issues.