Corsair Community

Corsair PSUs and the NVIDIA 30 Series

Pocah

Given the power hungry NVIDIA 30 series, I am wondering about my PSU.

Currently it has two CPU cables, so it only has one PCIe cable socket left. This probably will be enough except for a few GPU cards like MSI that have three power sockets. In all honesty I don't think my CPU even needs the second power cable it's taking. But I am thinking this issue is going to come up again and again. What Corsair power supplies ( 750W and above ) have four?

• Corsair Employee
No, no, I am not asking what to do with my PSU, I was just wondering. I mean at some stage in the near future I may buy another PSU so I am wondering which ones DO have the four PCIe/CPU sockets.

Off the top of my head, I recall AX850 has 5 ports, HX750i and HX850i, HX850, but not HX750, RM1000x, but not RM850x, RM750 and 850.

Probably best to check the product pages and look at the pictures of the modular interfaces to be sure.

Hmm yes. I took a look and typically the one I bought has three and the next one up has five :-((

I have the RM750i, but if I get a new one in the immediate future I would get the RM850i which has five.

I am not sure I will get another at this stage, I am just pondering what to do. I plan on getting at least a rtx 3080. But really I need a new case, and, well, I am thinking about building a completely new PC for it. I dunno, I haven't decided yet.

It may seem like a waste of a 750 but I would keep the old PC intact and use it for something else.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of the new RM650 PSU and it has 4 plugs for EPS12V and PCIe cables

This unit is eye opening for advantages

Even comes with 2 EPS 12 cables but like jonny said the 4-pin ATX12V cable is not really needed