Corsair Community

C70 vs 750D debate/question/opinion

xxpretzelxx

I am upgrading my case from a 300R to either a C70 (black) or a 750D windowed side-panel. I am torn between the two cases because I love the looks of both of them. Overall they are around the same price. I also recognize that the C70 is a midtower and the 750D is a full tower.

NOTE: I have no plans to SLI/Crossfire, so multiple video cards are not a concern for me. I have 2 SSDs and 2 HDDs, with an optional ODD. Cable management is a must (of course) and I am installing an H105 in the top of the case in the Exhaust/Push format.

I am asking this here to see what you guys think about each case what I should get. I am not looking at other cases. I think the HAF X is too much plastic and I am not a fan of Enthoo or Fractal.

Ive actually owned both of these cases back to back. I had a military green c70 which i loved at the time. They're both very good cases. I ended up selling the C70 for the 750D b/c of a change in taste/style I was going towards. I am a current owner of said 750D and im glad I switched to that. Its definitely based on your personal taste...that being said, theyre actually pretty damn similar, really.

I owned a 750D which is an excellent case. My only problems with it were the solid front panel and I just couldn't get used to a window in the side panel (the front panel problem will soon be cured by the release of a mesh panel and you can now buy a solid side panel). If you don't find these a problem and you can live with the size, it's a great case.

I bought a T730 which is the same as the 750D inside but with a solid, hinged side panel and a mesh front.

I owned a 750D which is an excellent case. My only problems with it were the solid front panel and I just couldn't get used to a window in the side panel (the front panel problem will soon be cured by the release of a mesh panel and you can now buy a solid side panel). If you don't find these a problem and you can live with the size, it's a great case.

I bought a T730 which is the same as the 750D inside but with a solid, hinged side panel and a mesh front.

I love the windowed side panel. I can see the computer and when friends come over I don't have to remove the side panel to show it off. Green is my favorite color, however it doesn't look good with the red leds and lights on the motherboard. As for the front solid panel, I hope they release a mesh front for it but i'm not holding my breath. I will buy it if it is made, but that's not a make-or-break issue for me.

My brother owns the C70, I own the 750D, and for me personally the 750D is a bit of a better case. With it being larger it feels roomier to work in than the C70 does, plus cable management in the 750D is definitely better than it is in the C70.

I am sold on the 750D

• 1 year later...
I love the windowed side panel. I can see the computer and when friends come over I don't have to remove the side panel to show it off. Green is my favorite color, however it doesn't look good with the red leds and lights on the motherboard. As for the front solid panel, I hope they release a mesh front for it but i'm not holding my breath. I will buy it if it is made, but that's not a make-or-break issue for me.

they did release it dunno if you already bought it

Archived