Corsair Community

Are my HD120 LED's shot?

tr1bulat1ons

Hello!

I have 6 HD120 fans and 4 lighting strips plugged into the node pro.

When adjusting presets through iCue one of the fans will get locked up and stuck on one setting (typically rainbow). If I wake the pc from sleep it gets locked up again. I have updated all of my firmware on the devices as well as uninstalling and reinstalling iCue. The issue started occurring the same day I setup my K70 Mk2, not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.

I've replaced the fan hub with my spare, and the same thing happens. Not sure what else to try (if anything). I'm thinking my leds might be messed up.

I attached a picture of the fan with all red instant lighting to show whats up. I've got a video too, but not sure how to post it here.

Thanks for any help!

image1.thumb.jpeg.5d8e4e1fdbf3cb84a69dc6d7ff414a89.jpeg

Which port on the RGB hub is the rainbow fan connected to? You could try a swap it to a different port to see, although since you have already switched the hub, a bad port seems unlikely. However, it might reveal an iCUE reconfiguration (# of fans, type of fans, etc). If the lighting power wire to the RGB hub was bad, I would expect darkness. So perhaps back to the software to double check.

Thanks for the reply!

It's currently in the 6th slot on the hub. Ive swapped it between 4,5,6 and it seems to make the other fans lock up. Say if I unplug #4 then the other two wont light up. If I plug the issue fan into the 4th slot then 2 fans will act up. Without that fan in the group I don't have any issues. All 6 show up in iCue and act like nothings wrong.

Archived