Corsair Community

ML140 PRO FAN Issues

MrSirenz

I bought a 120mm ML140 for the exhaust (back) area of my case which is a NZXT H440.

The RPMs operate really high for no reason at random times. Especially while running Rainbow Six Siege via Steam for some reason. It stays silent during light use and even while playing other high demanding games.

I've set a lower fan curve in the BIOS as well as many other different settings and it hasn't changed a thing.

I also installed AI Suite Suite 3, optimized all fans and even used the RPM fix option, still no change.

Any ideas? It's driving me insane at this stage!

I bought a 120mm ML140 for the exhaust (back) area of my case which is a NZXT H440.

The RPMs operate really high for no reason at random times. Especially while running Rainbow Six Siege via Steam for some reason. It stays silent during light use and even while playing other high demanding games.

I've set a lower fan curve in the BIOS as well as many other different settings and it hasn't changed a thing.

I also installed AI Suite Suite 3, optimized all fans and even used the RPM fix option, still no change.

Any ideas? It's driving me insane at this stage!

How do you have the fan connected? Sys_Fan?

And what are the settings for Chassis Fan 3? Is it set to PWM or DC? What's the source temperature? Any hysteresis?

It's set to PWM, just ran Speed Fan and the fan is reading at 50c temp which is very high?

It's set to PWM, just ran Speed Fan and the fan is reading at 50c temp which is very high?

Fans don't provide temperatures. There will be a source temperature for the fan curve - either CPU or one of the motherboard's onboard temperature sensors.

I recommend setting the fan speed in your BIOS instead of a program. I would set it to whatever noise you are comfortable with and don't tie it to CPU temp.

Anything you set in AISuite will override the BIOS.

And, in all honesty, it sounds more like an issue with your BIOS or AISuite. The fan responds to the PWM signal and/or voltage supplied from the fan header. It doesn't control the fan header.

I recommend setting the fan speed in your BIOS instead of a program. I would set it to whatever noise you are comfortable with and don't tie it to CPU temp.

Just discovered that it was tied to the CPU so I set it to the motherboard and now it's silent. Thank you so much! :biggrin:

Archived