Corsair Community

Only 3 HD fans I am able to control

Martheli

I started with 3 HD fans in my case connected to commander pro and then attached to the rgb hub that came with the HD fans and they all worked perfectly. Now I added 3 more fans to the set up and I can only control fan speeds for fans 1-3. The lights work for all 6 but I can't change the RPM of the last 3.

56517_F62_7492_40_B7_B24_A_83527_CF69607.jpg

I dont have any fan curves defined for any of the fans. I usually just create a new profile and then apply it to the fan like I did with the first three. I am unable to click on the last three fans to apply any speed control.

I dont have any fan curves defined for any of the fans. I usually just create a new profile and then apply it to the fan like I did with the first three. I am unable to click on the last three fans to apply any speed control.

Try defining a custom curve and applying to one of those fans.

Have you tried creating a custom fan curve to apply to the fan?

Remember that you need to select the fan curve on the left and then click on the fans in the Commander Pro configuration screen. It's a bit different from Link and takes some getting used to.

I have not tried the fan curve yet but I will when I get home. I just do not understand why I am able to create my own RPM profile and set it to 1000RPM and call it "Fast" and then apply the fast profile to my other 3 fans but not the last three fans. It seems like a bug with the software or with my commander pro.

I have not tried the fan curve yet but I will when I get home. I just do not understand why I am able to create my own RPM profile and set it to 1000RPM and call it "Fast" and then apply the fast profile to my other 3 fans but not the last three fans. It seems like a bug with the software or with my commander pro.

You should be able to. If not, then it's most likely a bug in the software. That's what we're hoping to confirm! ;)

Ugh. OK. I was hoping that would do the trick. Two things:

1) Can you please post your logs? In iCue, go to Settings and click "Export System info and logs". Please do this before anything else so we can get these over to Corsair.

2) Export your profiles (if you have anything that you don't want to lose). Shut down iCue (click Exit on the context menu in the task bar) and stop the service ("Corsair Service" in the services applet). Then go to %APPDATA%\Corsair\CUE and delete everything under there. Restart the service and iCue. This should force a re-detection of everything, essentially re-initializing your CoPro.

I attached the log. I removed the folders in the CUE folder from the program data folder and I am still unable to change RPM of second 3 fans. I am also having issues adjusting the fan speed of the first fan now too. First fan seems to change only sometimes.

iCue.zip

I've sent it over to the Corsair folks. At this point, I wonder if it may be worthwhile to try to force flash the CoPro, even if you have the latest firmware.

Make sure that you have any profiles that you want to keep saved off to import again.

Another pic to show my settings. I have this fan profile set to 1600 RPM and its on fan 1 but the fan speed is not increasing. Now it only works if I apply it to fan 2 and three.

The last 3 fans are unable to take any profiles.

Capture.png

So ... I've thought of something and perhaps you've already tried it but I figured ... what the heck.

What I'm curious about is if it's a display issue (not displaying the associated profile) or an actual issue with associating the profile.

Can you create a fan profile with the fan speed set to 100% (Forced)? Then attempt to apply this to fan 1, 2 or 3 (to validate) and then to 4, 5 or 6. Does it change the fan speed? If so, that would indicate that it's applying the fan curve even though it doesn't display it.

Archived