The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2017, 02:17 AM
SynthFetish's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903010
SynthFetish Reputation: 10
Default Issue w/ K65 & scimitar Pro & CUE

I have a K65 RGB and recently purchased a Scimitar Pro.

I cannot seem to find a way to use my stored K65 software profile and use the saved hardware profile on the Scimitar at the same time.

My understanding is the K65 uses the a software profile and the Scimitar can store its own profile via the on board memory. I assumed since the Scimitar profile is stored on the device I can use both at the same time. If that is not true, I am unsure why the mouse has the ability to save the profile.

What I've tried:

I remapped the mouse buttons on my existing K65 profile (1-12 all mapped to be the number row of the keyboard) and added the static lighting. This worked for a day before borking the functionality of both devices.

As in caps lock was reversed, right click did not function and left click acted like "select all".

This required a full uninstall of CUE and removal of all stored profile data to correct. It is unclear how that even happened but it must have been something I did, twice.

I have since rebuilt the K65 lighting profile and changed the lighting of the default Scimitar 01 profile and saved it back to the on board memory.

My end goal is to keep the very simple static lighting for the K65 and have the mouse buttons remapped. I am not sure why this has been so difficult to figure out, but I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious.

I am hesitant to add all the lighting and remapping of the Scimitar to the K65 software profile again for fear of repeating the same issue described above.

However I am an extreme novice and am willing to try anything to figure this out. The hour of videos I've watched and all the searching has yielded no results....Meaning this is likely something I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:51 AM

POST ID # = 903125
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

The Scimitar Pro will use its onboard hardware profile when the mouse does not have a connection to CUE. Otherwise, it would use the profile running in CUE.

The mouse and keyboard should work fine on a single software profile. I'm not 100% sure what is causing the problems, but if its something that has been replicated twice, it may be a bug.

Try taking a look at the unofficial CUE 2 manual as it may help as well.
http://bit.do/CUE2M

Tags
cue, k65, scimitar