Corsair Community

ICUE/ Fan color issue

Bamboozle

Hello. So I have been talking with support and trouble shooting an issue I have with my Corsair LL120 RGB fans. When I have the color set to all white for either of my 3 fans they always have a slight blue hue to them. As well as other colors seem to be slightly off compared to other Corsair devices not connected to the Commander Pro. This is happening with any fan that is connected to my Commander Pro. If I disconnect any of the fans and connect to my Corsair h115i CPU cooler RGB header instead then the RGB's will turn pure white through the ICUE software on that fan. The Corsair h115i fans and cooler turn pure white, my Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB turns pure white. It is anything connected to the Commander Pro that will not using the same ICUE software as the other devices. I have already Uninstalled/ Reinstalled, checked firmware and updates several times as well. Corsair support advised that it could be a software issue but stated that the RGB's should turn white.

The Commander Pro has already been replaced once and the same issue occurs. I am now waiting for a new LED Hub to come in. Does any one have any knowledge on this or does the same thing happen with all devises connected to the Commander Pro? Does everyone else have this same blue hue with all white selected on their LL120 RGB lighting on fans?

Thank you for any help. I attached a photo. The Blue hue is more blue then purple that shows in photo. But you can see all other RGB's are pure white.

20190408_111355.thumb.jpg.d3b2d6efdb03ac189dec678ea9ecc321.jpg

Edited by Bamboozle

I'll be honest, I hadn't looked closely at the LL's in comparison to my ML's and I would say "yes" there definitely is a bit of a blue-white hue to them. And my LL's are through the Commander Pro, whereas my ML's are through my H100i AIO leads.

Tony

• 11 months later...

I am also having this issue. Both fans connected to the Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM SE V2 are showing white properly. The 6 other casefans, which are connected to a Commander Pro, are showing a blue-ish white colour. All fans are set to static white.

I really hope someone has a solution, or could share their RGB code that they maybe found which is close to "real white".

Edit:

If I am not supposed to bump this, please let me know.

The LLs have a naturally cool tone, probably from the diffuser ring. Just starting taking out blue from the 255/255/255 mix until you are happy with the tone. Start with 255/255/235 and start working down. How it looks may depend on your case. A white interior may need a different balance than a black one.

The LLs have a naturally cool tone, probably from the diffuser ring. Just starting taking out blue from the 255/255/255 mix until you are happy with the tone. Start with 255/255/235 and start working down. How it looks may depend on your case. A white interior may need a different balance than a black one.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I don't understand how this explains the difference though, as the AIO uses the same LL's. Also, the 2 LL120 AIO fans are connected to the pump and not to a LNP or CoPro.

To me that sounds like the RGB control from the AIO works differently than the Commander Pro, and as such this is a software issue.

Edit: I added some pictures.

1: How it looks standard: VtvaFU5.jpg

In real life the blue-ish glow is more visible than on this picture though. But you get the idea.

I then tried getting to white and it turned out I need 255/225/125 to come somewhat close.. On screen this is yellow.

Qf76e97.png

Edited by uNoTopia
Added pictures

to be honest, you are lucky your AIO is "defective" and gives you pure white..

I have yet to come across any RGB product that doesnt give a blue hue when set to white (ARGB or 12V)

RGB seems to be set to send the same current to all channels to make some white, but the various colors are not equally efficient. blue and green are more efficient than red so LEDs always look blueish when set to white.

my white preset on iCUE has the colors set to R255 G204 B200 to appear white (HD fans and strips).

• Confused 1

I think the short answer is the two LL120 "high speed" fans that came with the Platinum SE were created at a later date. Most of the original LL have the stronger blue tint across the red-orange to green zone and obviously white. Is it a different LED? I don't know, but both the SE fans and recent QL fans have the more neutral tone.

I'm having the same issue and then some. I suspect the recent firmware update for the commander pro.

I have been using the Crystal 280x case for a few months without any issue.

Immediately after updating ICue and the Commander Pro firmware to 0.10.4 (I don't know what is was before) one thing I noticed (among other issues) were my fans that are connected to the CoPro now have a very noticeable light-blue tint that they didn't have before. I know this because I had setup an all white profile to match my Vengeance Pro memory. Now they couldn't look more different.

I'm also having much worse issues with fans glitching out and changing colour. It may be a different issue, so I just want to ask...

What version of the CoPro firmware are you on?

• Confused 1

That's interesting. I didn't even know there was 10.4 version and I haven't heard anything about it. CUE has not offered it to me either. It is possible your issues are related the FW update. However the "cool blue" tint questions go back quite a ways and I set this up for someone else the other day with a LL vs QL white comparison. I am on FW 0.9.212, so I don't think this specific color issue is FW related.

I am on 0.9.212

I prefer not to update at the moment because I don't have issues with random disconnects/resets. With all that I am reading I prefer using this yellowish RGB offset colors and leave it at this. "If it's not broken, ......."

Edited by uNoTopia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...