Corsair Community

H115i AIO experience

tdk

First I would like to say I don't recommend doing this to their AIO. I did this at my own risk.

So I've had a H115i for around 18 months and recently noticed my cpu temps were getting higher than normal. At idle it would be around 45deg C. Normally it should be around 30deg C. I checked the mounting screws on the cpu/motor block and was fine. So I removed it and reapplied the thermal paste but was the temps were abnormally high. Was reaching 80 to 90 deg C during a CineBench test. The pump was working fine in ICue and the rpm's would change if I switched from quiet to extreme. Obviously there was a restriction either in the radiator or in the cpu block. I decided to give the hoses a tap with a screwdriver and I can hear a gurgling noise and I noticed the temps (in Core Temp) went down from 45 to 30 deg c immediately. So definitely a blockage. I had two choices. Buy a new AIO or try and repair/clean the one I have. Decided to try and repair it myself. Again I did this at my own risk so I don't recommend anyone do this.

I removed the AIO and carefully removed the copper plate and found a lot of build up on the inside blocking the fins on the cooling plate. The hoses also had some white residue at the connections. I had to flush the radiator out and decided to cut off the hoses to do this properly. I replaced the hoses with a clear hose. Had to modify the black cover to fit some hose clamps. After flushing and cleaning the block I refilled the AIO with some Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Translucent Blue Premix Coolant. After reassembly and reinstallation into my pc the temps are lower than ever. At idle it's sitting at around 22 to 25 deg c. Max temp in Cinebench was around 59 deg c.

I've had Corsair AIO's for years. Some lasted for 3 years or more. This one for some reason started playing up after 18 months. This isn't a criticism of Corsair. Just sharing my experience.

gegDIl2.jpg

Edited by tdk
  • Like 1

I had two choices. Buy a new AIO or try and repair/clean the one I have. Decided to try and repair it myself. Again I did this at my own risk so I don't recommend anyone do this.
What about option 3 - RMA? Assuming it was purchased new from a store, it has a 5 year warranty.

What about option 3 - RMA? Assuming it was purchased new from a store, it has a 5 year warranty.

Yes I could've RMA'd it but how long would I need to wait until I get the replacement. I need this pc everyday for work and if it failed completely then i'm screwed. I like fixing things anyway :biggrin:. I'm getting way better temps now than when it was new.

Lr9tfJ8.jpg

• 10 months later...
First I would like to say I don't recommend doing this to their AIO. I did this at my own risk.

So I've had a H115i for around 18 months and recently noticed my cpu temps were getting higher than normal. At idle it would be around 45deg C. Normally it should be around 30deg C. I checked the mounting screws on the cpu/motor block and was fine. So I removed it and reapplied the thermal paste but was the temps were abnormally high. Was reaching 80 to 90 deg C during a CineBench test. The pump was working fine in ICue and the rpm's would change if I switched from quiet to extreme. Obviously there was a restriction either in the radiator or in the cpu block. I decided to give the hoses a tap with a screwdriver and I can hear a gurgling noise and I noticed the temps (in Core Temp) went down from 45 to 30 deg c immediately. So definitely a blockage. I had two choices. Buy a new AIO or try and repair/clean the one I have. Decided to try and repair it myself. Again I did this at my own risk so I don't recommend anyone do this.

I removed the AIO and carefully removed the copper plate and found a lot of build up on the inside blocking the fins on the cooling plate. The hoses also had some white residue at the connections. I had to flush the radiator out and decided to cut off the hoses to do this properly. I replaced the hoses with a clear hose. Had to modify the black cover to fit some hose clamps. After flushing and cleaning the block I refilled the AIO with some Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Translucent Blue Premix Coolant. After reassembly and reinstallation into my pc the temps are lower than ever. At idle it's sitting at around 22 to 25 deg c. Max temp in Cinebench was around 59 deg c.

I've had Corsair AIO's for years. Some lasted for 3 years or more. This one for some reason started playing up after 18 months. This isn't a criticism of Corsair. Just sharing my experience.

gegDIl2.jpg

I would love to know the tube sizing and hose clamps you used for this?

I will be attempting this at my own risk. The pump is dead internally, so looking to add a reservoir pump combo to bring it back to life.