Corsair Community

K95 RGB Platinum bricked after iCUE firmware update out of box [02/2020]

I got my K95 XT today... and experienced the same thing...

iCUE updated the firmware and bam... no lights no action.

The CRP_Disabled thing work for me... Thanks for the info and Firmware download.

Edited by nonstopza
typo

Alright everyone, this problem is RESOLVED for me.

Instructions received:

Here is the link to the .bin file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/w2694xz5irtk0rd/Hollis_Isp_Bld_v4.6.7_App_v4.11.25.bin/file

I followed the instructions verbatim and it worked. Note: This .bin file is for the K95 RGB Platinum XT and NOT FOR ANY OTHER KEYBOARD. Also note: DO NOT rename the file. It is fine as-is!

How do I download a ".bin" file? I don't have a program that can open it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been struggling with my K95 RGP Platinum (non XT) for over 2 years - been running it in BIOS Mode since I got it since it freezes constantly no matter what else I do.

Tonight, I came across this post and had a '***** it' moment - decided to flash the XT Firmware from this thread on my non-XT (expecting to brick it and move on), but it actually flashed successfully, and my device now shows up as an XT and no longer freezes.

Completely blown away. I opened a ticket with Corsair, and i'm curious what Corsair has to say about this.

I've been struggling with my K95 RGP Platinum (non XT) for over 2 years - been running it in BIOS Mode since I got it since it freezes constantly no matter what else I do.

Tonight, I came across this post and had a '***** it' moment - decided to flash the XT Firmware from this thread on my non-XT (expecting to brick it and move on), but it actually flashed successfully, and my device now shows up as an XT and no longer freezes.

Completely blown away. I opened a ticket with Corsair, and i'm curious what Corsair has to say about this.

my guess is they are VERY similar hardware wise...

Read through this as my XT was already on the way. Sure enough, update bricked the keyboard. Thankfully I already had the file downloaded and ready.. Followed the fix and viola, all good and on the most recent update after about 5 minutes and thanks to this thread, I didn't panic.. Haha.

THANK YOU, KoblerMan!!

Unfortunately this has not fixed my problem.

My keyboard has always "worked" but after the attempted firmware update it stopped being recognized by the iCUE software. After soft resetting and/or the firmware replacement fix in this thread, it will show up in the iCUE software but say that the firmware is compatible and so I cannot use any of the custom profile features or change any other keyboard settings.

So essentially the keyboard works but I only have the default profiles and the iCUE software is unable to manage the keyboard.

I've tried reinstalling the iCUE software directly from Corsair after doing the Firmware fix. Still no luck and I just get the Incompatible Firmware error and can't manage the keyboard.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
Unfortunately this has not fixed my problem.

My keyboard has always "worked" but after the attempted firmware update it stopped being recognized by the iCUE software. After soft resetting and/or the firmware replacement fix in this thread, it will show up in the iCUE software but say that the firmware is compatible and so I cannot use any of the custom profile features or change any other keyboard settings.

So essentially the keyboard works but I only have the default profiles and the iCUE software is unable to manage the keyboard.

I've tried reinstalling the iCUE software directly from Corsair after doing the Firmware fix. Still no luck and I just get the Incompatible Firmware error and can't manage the keyboard.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'd recommend reaching out to our support team so they can send the appropriate FW files to you. You can reach them through the following link:

https://support.corsair.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm having this issue on my K95 Platinum. I don't have the newer XT, but it stopped working after trying to update the firmware in iCue not long ago. I've submitted a ticket for the right firmware for this one. I hope that fixes it.

Here I am still waiting for a response two weeks later. Annoying.

[uPDATE] Corsair emailed me the correct firmware so it’s working properly with v3.20.80. I’m too scared to update to v3.34.161

Hello all. I have a K95 Platinum RGB (non xt) I have been getting no device detected. No keyboard and no Corsair ram. Logged a ticket. They told me to uninstall iCue and reinstall a older version. That didn’t work. Had to install a even older version to get it to work. Then they told me to install their firmware. Which bricked my keyboard. I installed the firmware in this thread which got it back from the dead. But I need a non XT version to work properly with iCUE software.

Edited by Megatech

[uPDATE] Corsair emailed me the correct firmware so it’s working properly with v3.20.80. I’m too scared to update to v3.34.161

Hello all. I have a K95 Platinum RGB (non xt) I have been getting no device detected. No keyboard and no Corsair ram. Logged a ticket. They told me to uninstall iCue and reinstall a older version. That didn’t work. Had to install a even older version to get it to work. Then they told me to install their firmware. Which bricked my keyboard. I installed the firmware in this thread which got it back from the dead. But I need a non XT version to work properly with iCUE software.

I'm having the same issue with a non XT, but haven't gotten a response still, so I haven't tried any fixes.

Instead of the RAM issue, mine is with my LL120 fans. I think one of them has one bad LED so all six of mine are glitching all the time. If I select all but that one LED they'll generally be ok. That said, it often goes out of sync, the fans won't even be lit, they'll flash like crazy, or they'll be all kinds of weird colors.

Mine was working, I was trying to do a hard start firmware for the Void RGB Elite wireless headphones on iCue (which it did NOT solve either), and now it is bricked. Mine is a K95 RGB Platinum XT, and it did not work.

I have had this since July and it has been one giant hassle from the get-go. This gets fixed or I am swearing off corsair periperhals.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a friggin genius. I have figured out why I’m getting “no devices detected” on my PC. It’s running a dll which is causing iCUE software to crash. To fix it rename the y750splugin.dll to y750splugin.dll_bad. It’s in c:/program Files (x86)/Corsair/CORSAIR iCUE Software/plugins/LenovoY750s

You’re welcome

Edited by Megatech

I had the same issue as many others. I bought a refurbished one off of Amazon and it worked for about 20 minutes then could not be detected and I got the red ! In iCue. I tried the reset button way (no firmware file in the folder) and the soft reset way. Even tried putting them into usb 2.0 - which resulted in a windows error saying the input device could not be read and possibly malfunctioned. Nothing worked. Lights come on as rainbow static but the keyboard doesn’t work. I have a brand new iBuyPower gaming system so there should be no issues. I should have read all of the posts about how awful this keyboard is to be detected. Won’t buy a Corsair keyboard again because of this. I went for the huntsman gaming keyboard instead.

The very few who have been able to correct the problem, was your keyboard brand new or refurbished? I wonder if that has to do with it.

The fact that there are no customer service reps moderating the forums and helping out is sad.

I had the same issue as many others. I bought a refurbished one off of Amazon and it worked for about 20 minutes then could not be detected and I got the red ! In iCue. I tried the reset button way (no firmware file in the folder) and the soft reset way. Even tried putting them into usb 2.0 - which resulted in a windows error saying the input device could not be read and possibly malfunctioned. Nothing worked. Lights come on as rainbow static but the keyboard doesn’t work. I have a brand new iBuyPower gaming system so there should be no issues. I should have read all of the posts about how awful this keyboard is to be detected. Won’t buy a Corsair keyboard again because of this. I went for the huntsman gaming keyboard instead.

The very few who have been able to correct the problem, was your keyboard brand new or refurbished? I wonder if that has to do with it.

The fact that there are no customer service reps moderating the forums and helping out is sad.

It won’t work without a firmware. I uploaded my firmware file to this forum

• 6 months later...
Alright everyone, this problem is RESOLVED for me.

Instructions received:

I followed the instructions verbatim and it worked. Note: This .bin file is for the K95 RGB Platinum XT and NOT FOR ANY OTHER KEYBOARD. Also note: DO NOT rename the file. It is fine as-is!

This works for me, but my keyboard continues to crash.... Same instructions fix it, but seems like a temporary fix. Is there an updated .bin file for 2021?

• Corsair Employee
This works for me, but my keyboard continues to crash.... Same instructions fix it, but seems like a temporary fix. Is there an updated .bin file for 2021?

You'll need to contact our support team as we don't provide a public repository for all of our firmware files. You can reach them through the following link below:

https://support.corsair.com/

• 1 year later...

How is this still an issue three years after the OP's post? 

I received my K95 Platinum XT today, 19 January 2023, plugged it in and installed the latest drivers just to get this old problem that has not been resolved yet. Most people I know would not search and struggle this hard to get a premium product to work properly. This makes me wonder if I want to get any other Corsair products...

The reset did not work for me. The keyboard came back on and a few seconds later only showed the red RGB which was still unresponsive.

I ended up accidentally clicking on Software & Games and saw LEDKeeper.exe. I clicked on the block option an voila! It is ALIVE!!!

See the screen grabs below.

image.thumb.png.b080eba3c473daadb1e58b03a29bdf06.png

image.thumb.png.a70252aceb89123ccc526231d16332c0.png

image.thumb.png.798e7a2683926ad5fc66a3a33a3badfa.png

• 1 month later...