Corsair Community

New Hydro X bulid 680x

Xanda73

First post, but a while lurking and using Corsair components.

Bit of background by way of introduction - been playing none-professionally with computers since my first ZX81 and was overjoyed with my first 'modification' of the 16kb ram pack - been messing ever since via towered up Amiga 1200's with 68050 processors and all manner of PC systems.

Just put together my first custom water cooled system, but I did have a H100i Platinum on here previously. Currently running Ryzen 3700x, 2080 Ti, x570 motherboard. All Corsair parts plus a couple of Bits Power fittings. 2x280 rads & ML fans, 680x case.

I went straight for Acrylic 14mm tubing but wimped out on bending anything :sigh!:, but seriously I wanted only right angles in the build. I'm getting good temps and low noise :sunglasse

A couple of issues I need to address:

- a few of the pipes aren't level, easy fix

- top rad out fouls on the VRM plastic cover, need an offset fitting

- Corsair PCI link cable is far too long and is very close to fouling the fan

- Corsair PCI link cable leaves no room for my preferred drain via 'T' piece & bottom front rad socket

- all system needs to come apart to move the pump position a millimetre

- wires very short on XG7

- XL5 clear, well, isn't

A don't think Corsair do enough variety of fittings to make building a loop ideal. Some ~10mm deep male to female fittings would be great as well as well as an offset (10mm) straight fitting. How are you supposed to connect the drain valve to the 'Y' piece without a male-to-male fitting?

The biggest issue I have is with the fluid. I ran de-ionised water through the loop for a day and it was clear as anything, including several flushes. Once I put the XL5 in, it was immediately cloudy. It's been running another day now and shows no signs of clearing. I take it it's not meant to be like that? Again, all new Corsair components.

I'm happy overall with how it's turned out, but I know I will 'have' to tear it apart to turn the pump around so the logo faces front, but this does mean the fill port will be obscured and I'll need more none Corsair fittings. The drain is terrible too.

Thoughts/constructive criticism?

Cheers guys.

IMG_1264.thumb.jpg.714d996aa91a508dc5fb0b0e8a8eac33.jpg

Well since Bitspower is the OEM for Corsair fittings, don't feel bad for using them ^^ they will match in style since.. they are the same, apart from branding.

No bends and all fittings is a thing too ;) there's no set rules for a watercooling build, besides having the water going from one end to the other, and cooler if possible lol

Looks good :)

for the VRM cover interference, one double 45° fitting would probably do the trick.

For the PCI riser cable, 200mm should do it fine, longer than that on the 680X leaves too much slack.