Corsair Community

How to control sequential effect with 9 fans

Pirouette

Hello,

I have searched everywhere and it seems I am the only one to have this issue so I guess some have found the solution:

I have 9 fans LL120.

I connected them as documented in some part of this forum such as:

- 6 fans are on the first RGB fans HUB (because 6 max)

- 3 fans are on another RGB fans HUB

-> the 2 RGB fans HUB are connected to the Commander pro, in the USB slots.

In iCUE software I see the commander pro well.

I see it has the 2 hubs with 6 and 3 fans.

But the HUBs are controlled individually.

So I can run a sequence with the 6 fans and another sequence with the 3 fans, but I cannot run a sequence on the whole 9 fans

So it looks totally unlinked.

Is there a way to manage the 9 fans as a whole? and not like 2 different products?

(alternatively I also have issue with the sequence number, it plays fans in this order: 1,2,3,6,4,5 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6..., i guess this is a bug that will be solved)

Thank you!

What lighting mode are you using? I have no issues with synced lighting modes over the LNP ports on the CoPro, an additional LNP, AIO, and the ST100.

Sure your fans are connected in the correct sequence? If you didn't label them with tape it can be very easy to accidentally plug them in the wrong order.

I have no issues with synced lighting modes

he is on about Sequential effects such as Arc and Pong (in LINK).. and they will only do it across 6 fans/1 RGB Fan LED Hub.. as it stands there is no way to extend it past 6 fans...

(alternatively I also have issue with the sequence number, it plays fans in this order: 1,2,3,6,4,5 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6..., i guess this is a bug that will be solved)

hmmmmm have you checked the order of the fans at the RGB Fan LED Hub?

Try selecting something from the 3rd column, Lighting Link. This should play across both lighting channels. Visor, for example, will start with channel 1 fan 1 and end at channel 2 fan 3, where it will go back through in reverse.

I found the LL fans annoying with the patterns starting in the top left corner and running the outer loop then the inner loop. It took a lot of trial and error before I found a mix of effects that I liked.

• 1 year later...
Has anyone been able to figure this out? I would like to run my 9 fans with iCUE in a sequential pattern.

Hey, hey!

As already stated by a previous poster, they will only do it across 6 fans/1 RGB Fan LED Hub.. as it stands there is no way to extend it past 6 fans...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

There actually is a way to do this, but it is incredibly tedious. Basically, figure out how many Lighting Effects you want in your chain. For example, I'm using QL fans, and created a Pong effect across 8 fans on two different CoPros. I created the designated number of lighting effects (94 total in my case). I then set the LEDs for each lighting effect with 3 changes. Black, color, then black again. Move to the next lighting effect and continue. The hardest part is getting the timing right. I found by editing the iCue Profile file if you export it, it is just an XML file. You can edit in notepad. The timing is represented as a percentage, and extends up to 18 places past the decimal. Divide 1 by the number of lighting effects to get your increment. So for 94 LEs, my interval between effects was 0.010638297872340426. You can use something like excel to make this easier, but it will give you precise timing instead of using the slider which you can't get exact. The messy way is to just set the duration to the number of seconds of how many LEs you want + 0.5, then just set the intervals on the number. The first LE is the only one that is different so you can have a smooth transition and it bounces nicely. The below example executes LE1 on the first second and the last second with color.

So...

LE1

Color - 0 Seconds

Black - 0.5 Second

Black - # of LEs minus 0.5 (93.5 in my case)

Color -# of LEs (94 in my case)

LE2 through ... - (Up to 100 if using the slider method, not sure what the cap is if editing the XML file)

Black - 1.5 Second

Color - 2.5 Seconds

Black - 3.5 Seconds

LE3

Black 2.5 Seconds

Color - 3.5 Seconds

Black - 4.5 Seconds

etc...

Once complete, set the duration of each LE to the total amount of time you want the sequence to take. You can do this easily editing the profile in a text file, and searching for <duration>[some Number In miliseconds]</duration> and replacing all of the values with what you want. For example, 8 seconds would be <duration>8000</duration>. Just remember to do this first, because if you have other LEs with different durations, you will change those as well. Hope this helps.

• Like 1