Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 Low Battery Beep

Mixze

Hi

Would love to know if there is a way to turn of this incredible annoying sound (the beeping) that starts when your batteries a running low. I don't care if it's not an official solution, as long as I can turn that f*#king sound OFF I'll be a happy man again.

• Corsair Employee
The beeping is to warn you to charge the headset because the battery is low. If you turn the beep off, you would get no warning and draining the headset completely can cause the battery to never charge again.

The beeping is to warn you to charge the headset because the battery is low. If you turn the beep off, you would get no warning and draining the headset completely can cause the battery to never charge again.

Is there any update in the works to tell us an exact % of charge via drivers? This is about the only thing that would make the headset perfect imo, just a little system icon with a percentage of battery on the headset.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what the beep is about and why it is there BUT, and this a big but. I'd rather get a pop-up message in the system tray rather than this annoying sound.

Can't see that being a huge deal to implement...

• Corsair Employee
I know what the beep is about and why it is there BUT, and this a big but. I'd rather get a pop-up message in the system tray rather than this annoying sound.

Can't see that being a huge deal to implement...

The bigger issue is that if you're gaming and the pop-up message isn't seen. By the time you realize the headset is out of battery, it would be too late.

The bigger issue is that if you're gaming and the pop-up message isn't seen. By the time you realize the headset is out of battery, it would be too late.

Who said anything about gaming?

All I'm asking for is the option to pick between a visual notification or a sound.

I find your argument a bit weird though since I tend to sometimes forget to turn of the headset when I take it off. How am I ever gonna know I'm running low on battery then if I'm not even hearing a small beep?

But I guess it's just silly of me as customer to question things and ask for small adjustments...

It has its pros and cons. There will be cases that you'd one day thank that annoying beep. For an extreme example, the headset just suddenly turned off (no more power), you lost your concentration because of that suddenness, and that proved fatal since you miss-clicked an important skill in dota, causing you to lose that big teamfight. You're most likely gonna be called a retard by your teammates for miss clicking something so easy. Anyway it's there to annoy you for a reason.

though I'd really love it if the charging cable is longer. Seeing that you need to plug the charger in a rather awkward position, you're more likely to find yourself being choked thanks to that short wire.

• Corsair Employee
Who said anything about gaming?

All I'm asking for is the option to pick between a visual notification or a sound.

I find your argument a bit weird though since I tend to sometimes forget to turn of the headset when I take it off. How am I ever gonna know I'm running low on battery then if I'm not even hearing a small beep?

But I guess it's just silly of me as customer to question things and ask for small adjustments...

Woah slow down, this isn't a personal attack on you. It was simply an example of why your solution isn't the best. This was designed to be a gaming headset after all and why I used gaming as a plausible example.

If you forget to turn off your headset after taking it off, then that's not a problem with the headset is it? You can forget to turn the stove off too but you wouldn't blame the stove for not telling you it's still on I'm sure....

Woah slow down, this isn't a personal attack on you. It was simply an example of why your solution isn't the best. This was designed to be a gaming headset after all and why I used gaming as a plausible example.

If you forget to turn off your headset after taking it off, then that's not a problem with the headset is it? You can forget to turn the stove off too but you wouldn't blame the stove for not telling you it's still on I'm sure....

Is there a chance that you at Corsair could implement in the Corsair Control Panel the option to chose between a visual and/or audio notification when the batteries are running low on the headset?

There, couldn't make the question more straightforward. Now, can I get a simple answer?

• Administrators
Is there a chance that you at Corsair could implement in the Corsair Control Panel the option to chose between a visual and/or audio notification when the batteries are running low on the headset?

There, couldn't make the question more straightforward. Now, can I get a simple answer?

It was already answered:

I can pass this along as feedback. Its a good idea.

It was already answered:

No that was a response to this:

Is there any update in the works to tell us an exact % of charge via drivers? This is about the only thing that would make the headset perfect imo, just a little system icon with a percentage of battery on the headset.

• Corsair Employee

The answer is no. However, I will pass it along as feedback that there are customers who may be interested in future implementation of this feature.

• 2 years later...

After 2 years, the low power beeping sound is still there with no option to turn it off via drivers!

Why so?

When I'm watching movies at night and then it starts beeping in last 15 minutes of movie - it just make me crazy angry!

Can we finally have a driver update and include a small tiny, yet super useful, function to allow to "Mute Low Power Sound" via Corsair Headset Control Panel? Like a very small box that I can tick and magically I wont hear the f***9** beeping sound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been using the Vengeance 2100 for over a year now and I'm sad to say I have to retire it and look elsewhere for a new headset. In general I'm very happy but suffering through the low battery noise has made the experience completely unbearable.

1) Any battery related issue can be resolved by forcing the device to shut off well before the battery reaches a critical state, no actual warning is required for the sake of longevity.

2) At full volume the low battery noise is loud enough to cause severe migraines and blow out the speakers such that they output horrific static until the unit is reset. To be honest I'm surprised this hasn't resulted in lawsuits. The pitch really needs to be toned down to something more comfortable and limited in volume.

3) The frequency at which the warnings are played is both obscene and completely unnecessary. If the battery is low enough it'll start beeping every minute or so and no one appreciated the nagging. We just need a 30 minute, a 5 minute, and a shutting off tone.

4) This seems like it should be an easy fix so I don't understand why Corsair is so adamant about neglecting it's customers. Everyone knows it can hurt the battery and they don't care. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that I shouldn't be able to disable them entirely at my own discretion. All you really need to do is place a warning on the option and everyone is happy.

I'll never buy another Corsair headset until all of these issues are resolved.

• 1 year later...

Archived