Corsair Community

fan rpm oscilating when on custom curve

mirkoj

Hello,

I'm having some problems setting fan rpm using custom curve.

I replaces stock fans with noctua nf-f12.

When using fixed % or RPM it works fine responding to settings.

Predefined quiet, balance and performance settings are not really good with noctua as loks like they are set to stock fans based on rpm not % so all 3 of them sets my fants to 1200-1300 which is almost at max imum speed.

So I tried to create my own curvature based on CPU temp and rpm but now it is always oscilating.

I have settings like this:

temp - rpm

35 - 800

45 - 900

55 - 1000

60 - 1200

65 - 1400 (max noctua rpm)

But rpm on both fans is now oscillating all the time from min to max and temperature is at 30 degrees so it should be steady at 800rpm right?

Now seeing that % settings and max settings mode works fine, wouldn't it be better to have curves in other modes set as % as well instead of RPM as they look like now? I saw a lot of people replacing stock fans with other ones so that would keep modes working for all fans as well right?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

hmm I don;t see what kind of problem should be there.

it controls rpm just fine when I set them by fixed rpm or fixed % that works correctly.

so it just have to set up fixed rpm based on number on temperature and that is all.

yes, same problem since the new release. Custom Curve works fine when i was on 2.2.0. But now, even if i go back to this version, custom curve just don't work. (i think it's since my FW update to the 1.0.5, the 1.0.0 FW and the 2.2.0 SW worked great)

i have a H80i and the last FW.

So the h80i and the last SW no longer supports aftermarket fans

The latest Firmware doesn't help.

Ram Guy, is there any chance to have the original Firmware (1.0.0) which worked well with Corsair link 2.2.0 and custom curve (with two noctua fan) ?

Since i updated the FW (i have a Red Led issue too :( ) Custom Curve doesn't work.

Here's a little vidéo, and i think the funky mirkoj problem is the same :)

I am sorry but I would suggest trying the latest Firmware V 1.05 and see if that clears that up but officially we can only support our fans on the cooler.

Please make sure that is in product description so people know before they buy it! you state fan control not corsair fan control.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

As I stated previously I cannot do anything about the way they are marketed and no where do we specifically state we support third party fans on the coolers only on our Corsair Link product was this mentioned.

And plop28 The 1.0 F/W will not work with the latest software that I know of but I will ask Cool Guy if that is possible.

As I stated previously I cannot do anything about the way they are marketed and no where do we specifically state we support third party fans on the coolers

I thought that I had read this somewhere. Thanks for clarifying.

And plop28 The 1.0 F/W will not work with the latest software that I know of but I will ask Cool Guy if that is possible.

It is possible. Mine is running 1.0 with CL v2.3.

Archived