Corsair Community

Software is making my pc run hotter

FluffMcDuff

Hi y'all, I recently downloaded the iCUE software so I could control my keyboards rgb (I have a k70 rgb lux) and when I installed it, it forced my radiator fans to run at max even on quiet. Before this my pc would hover at 36-40c Idle. Now its at 50c idle, and even with a custom fan profile its louder than it used to be. How do I get my computer back to the way it was before the software?

• Corsair Employee
Hi y'all, I recently downloaded the iCUE software so I could control my keyboards rgb (I have a k70 rgb lux) and when I installed it, it forced my radiator fans to run at max even on quiet. Before this my pc would hover at 36-40c Idle. Now its at 50c idle, and even with a custom fan profile its louder than it used to be. How do I get my computer back to the way it was before the software?

More information about your cooling solution is required. Are you using a CORSAIR cooler? If you have a CORSAIR cooler and weren't using iCUE previously, it would've been using a pump/fan curve stored in firmware, installing iCUE hands control over to the software which uses a curve based on CPU temp. If you do a custom curve and want similar behavior, base the temps off of coolant temperature.

A really quick test would be to create a new curve, apply a generic "quiet" curve to it using the preset options and change the temp source to your cooler which will pull from a temp probe built into the cooler.