Corsair Community

Running CUE with RGB Sabre and NON-RGB K95 KB???

Dweezil

I was able to score a Vengeance K95, non-RGB, white backlit keyboard on the black Friday deal for my computer at work AND even got my boss to spring for it! I also picked up a Sabre Laser RGB mouse.

Question is... I need to run CUE for the mouse, and it appears a different software package for the K95? Anyone know if this will cause any conflicts between the two? Should I just run CUE only? Seeing how it is my work machine, I'd rather not load up two separate programs if it is not completely necessary. Yes, I know, an RGB mouse is not necessary at work. But, hey, for $22 who could say no?

I run a K95 RGB and a Sabre Laser RGB at home, now I have the same setup at work (minus the RGB features on the keyboard). It sure will be nice not having to switch gears between work and home anymore. It was driving me nuts working on my goofy ergo membrane keyboard and OLD MS Intelimouse at work, then going home to my nice setup. I always had a small adjustment period.

Well, I don't have the non RGB K95, but if I'm not mistaken, you can save macros to the actual keyboard. Both the keyboard and mouse should work fine without the software running, so you do not neccesarily need CUE or whatever software comes with the non RGB K95 unless you find something in the software you want to use.

CUE will let you apply lighting effects and macros to your mouse, but CUE needs to be running for the animated lighting effects and macros to work.

I would suggest that you play around with both softwares to see if you really want to use them at work. I have a feeling you will only want to use CUE. :)

The Vengeance Gaming Software is only for configuring the G-KEYS. It does not need to run in the background unlike CUE.

What you can do is assign the G-keys to the macros or keystrokes you want it to do then save it to the K95 and close the software. The only functions that will not work without the software running will be opening program via a G-key and the on-board MR button if i recall correctly.

Archived