Corsair Community

Ridiculous Contact Options for UK RMA Customers

vmondude

I've had an RMA ticket open for a long time (since 2013) but I kept putting it off because I would have to go without a PC while the items were shipped abroad etc. and eventually I forgot to be honest as my PC has been fine and not opened.

But now I need to rebuild my computer to transfer to my Carbide case, and I want to arrange an Express RMA but I would have to call America on the 'free call' 001 888 222 4346! This will not be free from the UK I guarantee and who knows how long I would have to hold for. I'll end up paying for a new PSU in calls alone!

Is this the only way to reach them, via an international number? As the online live help seems useless, it is always offline!

I have a really bad quality TX850W PSU, on which the SATA plugs seem to break every time they are plugged in or unplugged. I only have the one for my ssd left intact! The other broke today (reminding me) but luckily its just holding.

Skype is a good free choice.

If you want to do an RMA 24/7, then other choice is to log into the Corsair Technical Service and chat , or anytime ask a question or submit an RMA.

This is the login page (picture of it attached below)

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

There you can log into Technical Service, or if new, click on "Register" with a username and password.

There you can chat (restricted hours),

(or what you need), is anytime 24/7, "Ask a Question or "Request an RMA"

When you click on "Ask a question" a form is displayed for you to select your Corsair product and type in pertinent data, the issue and your question.

When you click on "Request and RMA", a multi-page RMA Submission form will display to be filled in, so you can document your RMA.

I hope this helps.

Here are the Corsair Tech Telephone hours notice as of today:

"Please note: Live Chat is configured for Customer Service general questions only. Technical Support/troubleshooting can be submitted by clicking on "Ask a Question"."Live Chat support is currently limited to Monday - Friday, 9:00AM-4:00PM PT (UTC-8). We are looking to expand live chat hours in the near future."

"Corsair Customer Service and Technical Phone Support is available Monday - Friday, 7:00AM-5:00PM PT (UTC - 8)."

1127254008_CorsairCustomerServiceandTechnicalSupport.thumb.png.f0e2b5c45bb4703d3becea012265e49f.png

If you want to do an RMA 24/7, then other choice is to log into the Corsair Technical Service and chat , or anytime ask a question or submit an RMA.

This is the login page (picture of it attached below)

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

There you can log into Technical Service, or if new, click on "Register" with a username and password.

There you can chat (restricted hours),

(or what you need), is anytime 24/7, "Ask a Question or "Request an RMA"

When you click on "Ask a question" a form is displayed for you to select your Corsair product and type in pertinent data, the issue and your question.

When you click on "Request and RMA", a multi-page RMA Submission form will display to be filled in, so you can document your RMA.

I hope this helps.

Here are the Corsair Tech Telephone hours notice as of today:

"Please note: Live Chat is configured for Customer Service general questions only. Technical Support/troubleshooting can be submitted by clicking on "Ask a Question"."Live Chat support is currently limited to Monday - Friday, 9:00AM-4:00PM PT (UTC-8). We are looking to expand live chat hours in the near future."

"Corsair Customer Service and Technical Phone Support is available Monday - Friday, 7:00AM-5:00PM PT (UTC - 8)."

Well....

1 - As I have said, I already have an RMA Ticket from your Technical Service site. l just want to arrange an Express RMA so that I can keep my computer running in the mean time.

2 - The 'Live Help' section doesn't work. Even DURING Monday - Friday, 9:00AM-4:00PM PT (UTC-8).

It simply opens a new window which then says "Page Not Found: null/s/prechatVisitor. Stay tuned. Please email us if you need to get in touch." !

3 - That "email us" link in the new window does absolutely nothing!

4 - The 'Ask a question' section simply makes yet another new RMA Ticket... and still no one answers.

And 5 - The only other contact detail is a foreign phone number, which will cost me near the price of a new PSU to call, and then wait while I'm seen to!!

How can this be considered acceptable international customer service.

What happened to a simple email address?! That would suffice

• Administrators

Hi,

1) Upgrading a ticket to an express RMA can only be done by calling in. As Toasted stated, it's a free call if you use Skype.

2/3) Which browser were you using? Have you tried a different browser? Live chat and the email link does work, although the email link should only be used to send errors. It cannot help with express RMAs.

4) No one answered your 2nd ticket created yesterday because you closed it before someone could get to it. It was only open for < 24 hours.

5) If you're referring to the 510 number, don't worry about that. It's just the number that the toll free number goes to.

Emailing us would be the same as creating a ticket. We cannot take credit card numbers over email / in a ticket comments. This is for your protection.

Hi,

1) Upgrading a ticket to an express RMA can only be done by calling in. As Toasted stated, it's a free call if you use Skype.

2/3) Which browser were you using? Have you tried a different browser? Live chat and the email link does work, although the email link should only be used to send errors. It cannot help with express RMAs.

4) No one answered your 2nd ticket created yesterday because you closed it before someone could get to it. It was only open for < 24 hours.

5) If you're referring to the 510 number, don't worry about that. It's just the number that the toll free number goes to.

Emailing us would be the same as creating a ticket. We cannot take credit card numbers over email / in a ticket comments. This is for your protection.

Thanks for the reply, & sorry for my frustration.

But no the live chat is not working. I've tried it on both my prefered Opera browser and standard Microsoft Internet Explorer. They both do the exact same thing, as I explained above.

I also have a fresh install of Windows 7, fully updated and installed with Flash, so it is not a system error. It did the same before all that install as well.

I closed the other ticket because it was basically a duplicate of the one already active. I was just trying to get hold of someone in my frustration. That ticket though, was created by me clicking the 'ask a question' button, I filled the details in, (all the while having a green bar at the top saying 'ask a question') and it opened that ticket instead. So no sorry, that doesn't work either.

I don't use Skype and the only number provided to me on my other RMA ticket is 1 888 222 4346, which if I am not mistaken is a US number?

That would not be free.

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for the reply, & sorry for my frustration.

But no the live chat is not working. I've tried it on both my prefered Opera browser and standard Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Though I don't have Opera myself and don't know anyone that considers it their "preferred browser" (though it's a fine browser and I use it myself on my phone), the chat works for me in IE, Firefox and Chrome. Network port issue? Sounds far fetched, but there has to be a common denominator somewhere.

I don't use Skype and the only number provided to me on my other RMA ticket is 1 888 222 4346, which if I am not mistaken is a US number?

That would not be free.

You know that Skype is a free download, right?

• Administrators

I just tried Live chat (during business hours) on FF, IE, Chrome - no issues. I also see a bunch of chats completed today.

Ask A Question creates a ticket. It is not meant for instantaneous chat like Live chat.

The 888 number free when calling from Skype:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA24/how-do-i-dial-toll-free-numbers-for-example-1-800-1-866-and-1-877-number-series

If you don't want to use Skype, that's your choice.

Though I don't have Opera myself and don't know anyone that considers it their "preferred browser" (though it's a fine browser and I use it myself on my phone), the chat works for me in IE, Firefox and Chrome. Network port issue? Sounds far fetched, but there has to be a common denominator somewhere.

You know that Skype is a free download, right?

It's working now. Our internet has been really iffy recently so I think it must have been a connection issue.

Opera's really nice to use actually, its really fast. It doesn't have any problems like it used to. It works just as smoothly as IE now with all websites. It supports PPAPI now too.

I always thought that Skype had a subscription fee or something of sorts... I've downloaded it anyway, and I'll try it later on.

Thanks for your help!

I just tried Live chat (during business hours) on FF, IE, Chrome - no issues. I also see a bunch of chats completed today.

The 888 number free when calling from Skype:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA24/how-do-i-dial-toll-free-numbers-for-example-1-800-1-866-and-1-877-number-series

If you don't want to use Skype, that's your choice.

Sorry, that web address that keeps appearing in my messages is supposed to be the 888 phone number. For some reason it keeps changing when I paste it in and enter the comment.

(What happens if I type the number?.. 1 http://www.corsair.com/en-us/company/contact) :thinking:

Ok I got the live chat working last night, I'm not sure what the difference was but it worked fine and I spoke to someone on the live chat.

As I said I always thought Skype was subscription or something, I'll ring them later.

Thanks for your help!

Archived