Corsair Community

Syncing Fan to H150i from Commander Pro

MaxdOut

I have 3 HD120s connected on the H150i Pro and have another 3 HD120s on the Commander Pro fans headers. I am doing a push-pull on the H150i but I cannot get the fans to turn at the same rate.

For example:

Setting the H150i on Balance does not equal the setting of Balanced in the Commander Pro when set to monitor the coolant temp of the H150i.

Any suggestions? Is there some sync button that I am missing?

Yes, balanced does not equal balanced and they have two different control variables. Those fans on the Commander Pro are likely all over the place reacting to CPU temp. You should make a custom curve for both, however the trick is the cooler's controller runs on fan PWM % and the Commander Pro bases control from fan RPM. You need to make yourself a little cheat sheet of %=RPM. Using the C-Pro, click the + to create a "cooling mode" custom curve. Then click the Fixed % circle. Work your way up 35% to 80% in 5 or 10% increments or whatever you need. 35%=~800 *the minimum. 40%=900, 45%=1000 rpm, etc. This then gives meaning to the % in the cooler's control panel and you can set the curves to be close. Identical is not necessary and irrelevant. When you set up the custom curve in the C-Pro, make sure Sensor is set to H150i Pro Temp. That is coolant temperature and the correct control variable.

Thanks!

I was really hoping I missed something, this is new software to me so still learning. I am surprised that it does not have a sync feature that would allow syncing of radiator fans to the commander pro attached fans. But creating the custom curves as you suggested would work too.

They have different “branded” controllers, if you like, with the H150i one tied to the OEM that likes %PWM. It would be simpler if that one was also RPM based or both like the C-Pro. Still, once you’ve done it you shouldn’t need to do it again and a few years back we would have all been in the Bios trying to figure out the same thing — if not still on a lot of motherboards.

I'm uncertain whether the basic H-Series fan settings have changed over the years but I did the equivalent of C-Attack's "cheat sheet" a couple of years ago based off the default settings for a H115i extracted from ICUE's configuration file. Use these results to replicate the default H-Series fan curves for your Commander Pro:

No code has to be inserted here.

• I haven't listed a Silent mode; sorry I haven't ever used one.
  • The H₂O temperature source in the table is your H150 coolant temperature.
  • Simply plug in your fan's maximum RPMs to the percentages to get the RPMs you need to build your Commander Pro curves (e.g. if the fan's maximum RPM is 1600rpm; therefore 50% becomes 1600 x 0.5 = 800rpm)

Hope this helps

They have different “branded” controllers, if you like, with the H150i one tied to the OEM that likes %PWM. It would be simpler if that one was also RPM based or both like the C-Pro. Still, once you’ve done it you shouldn’t need to do it again and a few years back we would have all been in the Bios trying to figure out the same thing — if not still on a lot of motherboards.

It's always bother me seeing as you can set a "% fixed" value to a profile for a Commander Pro why you can't base a fan curve of PWM percentages. It appears that the Commander Pro should be capable of doing this (it'd save me creating separate profile entries for my 120mm and 140mm fans).

One argument for RPM specific curves is they are applicable to all PWM fans. If I put my LL140 fans on, they will run the same speed points as the ML140. When you do %PWM you need to recalculate for each fan with a different max speed, not to mention some fans are bad at math and do not react as expected to %PWM (80% is not really 80% of max). People are bad at math too, which occasionally comes up as well.

One argument for RPM specific curves is they are applicable to all PWM fans. If I put my LL140 fans on, they will run the same speed points as the ML140. When you do %PWM you need to recalculate for each fan with a different max speed, not to mention some fans are bad at math and do not react as expected to %PWM (80% is not really 80% of max). People are bad at math too, which occasionally comes up as well.

With the spreadsheet I listed earlier, I used calculation fields to prevent oopsies :laughing: