Corsair Community

i160 Stuck fan speed (Custom/Extreme profile)

Widde

Think this happen after latest UEFI update from 2QG to 2QJ.

What happens is that if i set a custom fan profile on lets say 45% the fan will stay on that speed regardless if the GPU temp goes above 60 degrees Celsius (140 Fahrenheit) or water temp above 42 C (107 F).

Before the fan would ramp up as son as the GPU or CPU temp reached 60 degrees Celsius or water temp goes above 42 C (107 F).

Water temp when last tested shoot up to 50 C (122 F) when i ended the test (heaven benchmark) and the GPU temp was 65 C (149 F) whit no sign of the fan ramping up. Before is has never gone above 60 before than fan ramping up on custom profile.

If i choose the default fan profile after i choose a custom or extreme profile it will not go back to the default profile but stay at the custom speed I set for example 45%.

Only way to reset it is to choose the default profile and the restart iCUE service or restart the computer.

If i then let is stay at default profile the fan will ramp up and down as usual when water temp goes above 42 C (107 F).

Running the latest Windows 10 PRO 1903 with all upgrades and UEFI 2QJ.

Latest iCUE version 3.16.56 that i have uninstalled and reinstalled with no change in behavior had no issue before but think it happen in combination with latest UEFI 2QJ or could have been a service update (not the full 1903 update) on WIN 10 PRO 1903 that did it.

Any one else having this issue?

Edited by Widde

• Corsair Employee

Hi Widde,

If I'm understanding correct, once you set a manual speed, the fans will follow your setting. You would have to clear that profile and restart iCUE to get it back to the defaults where the fans are self-adjusting as opposed to your manual override.

Hi Widde,

If I'm understanding correct, once you set a manual speed, the fans will follow your setting. You would have to clear that profile and restart iCUE to get it back to the defaults where the fans are self-adjusting as opposed to your manual override.

This wasn't what was required before — you could easily switch between Default, Extreme, and Custom performance profiles for the fan simply by clicking the profile and then clicking the fan object.

Now it seems it's not possible to do this anymore without either restarting iCUE or restarting the whole system.

Hi Widde,

This wasn't what was required before — you could easily switch between Default, Extreme, and Custom performance profiles for the fan simply by clicking the profile and then clicking the fan object.

Now it seems it's not possible to do this anymore without either restarting iCUE or restarting the whole system.

I nailed my issue down to sandboxie in combination with Win 10 1903.

When i uninstalled sanboxie the issue is now gone and the fan responds as i should when water temp is rising.

Before when I set a custom fan speed the fan would only spin at that speed regardless if the water temp went up (ended the test at 50 degress water temp). On default mode the fan worked fine.

Also i could not change between fan profiles on the fly without a restart of iCUE service or a reboot.

But now with sanboxie gone everything is working like before, switching profile without restart, fan is ramping up as it should in custom mode etc.

• 4 weeks later...
I nailed my issue down to sandboxie in combination with Win 10 1903.

When i uninstalled sanboxie the issue is now gone and the fan responds as i should when water temp is rising.

Before when I set a custom fan speed the fan would only spin at that speed regardless if the water temp went up (ended the test at 50 degress water temp). On default mode the fan worked fine.

Also i could not change between fan profiles on the fly without a restart of iCUE service or a reboot.

But now with sanboxie gone everything is working like before, switching profile without restart, fan is ramping up as it should in custom mode etc.

I'm glad to hear you sorted your issue out.

However, I do not have Sandboxie installed, and I never have…yet the problem still persists.