Corsair Community

Ironclaw RGB Mouse DPI Issues

I just recently purchased the Ironclaw Rgb wireless mouse. everything works as intended except for one fairly important thing. I like to remap the the buttons on the mouse to other keys for gaming. When i remap the DPI cycle up and down buttons to other key inputs, it retains the DPI cycling as well. I tried setting all of my DPI increments to the only one i use (600 DPI) so that when it switched, it would not actually change my DPI. This did not work either. it still cycles through what im assuming are some default DPI numbers. The only way i can get back to my original 600 DPI is to change profiles in the icue software. Anyone else having this issue? any help would be appreciated.

No, it works as intended on mine. Make sure you have not unintentionally checked the "retain original key input" in the Advanced tab. Here is a simple A-Z remap to "n". nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

No DPI change.

What version of iCUE are you using?

• 2 months later...
I just recently purchased the Ironclaw Rgb wireless mouse. everything works as intended except for one fairly important thing. I like to remap the the buttons on the mouse to other keys for gaming. When i remap the DPI cycle up and down buttons to other key inputs, it retains the DPI cycling as well. I tried setting all of my DPI increments to the only one i use (600 DPI) so that when it switched, it would not actually change my DPI. This did not work either. it still cycles through what im assuming are some default DPI numbers. The only way i can get back to my original 600 DPI is to change profiles in the icue software. Anyone else having this issue? any help would be appreciated.

I have the exact same issue, have posted on the forums, sent 2 tickets in, sent a direct message, still no reply nor solutions, may just return the mouse & go back to Steel Series, which is a shame I really like the other features & size/feel of the mouse, wanted those extra buttons, Disappointing customer service so far.

I have the exact same issue, have posted on the forums, sent 2 tickets in, sent a direct message, still no reply nor solutions, may just return the mouse & go back to Steel Series, which is a shame I really like the other features & size/feel of the mouse, wanted those extra buttons, Disappointing customer service so far.

Sounds like a software issue where it's still detecting the DPI change in addition to the function you set up. I would expect a bugfix would be needed to correct in iCUE. Just report the issue either here (which you have) or open a ticket and report it.

Or if you are impatient youngling and cannot wait for the devs to write the updated code, and go through the usual QA testing, then by all means return the mouse and buy whatever else would satisfy you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Patience is a lost virtue.

Sounds like a software issue where it's still detecting the DPI change in addition to the function you set up. I would expect a bugfix would be needed to correct in iCUE. Just report the issue either here (which you have) or open a ticket and report it.

Or if you are impatient youngling and cannot wait for the devs to write the updated code, and go through the usual QA testing, then by all means return the mouse and buy whatever else would satisfy you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Patience is a lost virtue.

Ive already sent two tickets in 10 + days ago, with no reply as of yet, even though Corsair states a two business day turn around to receive a reply, I don't expect it fixed that fast obviously, but a reply to acknowledge the fault at the least would be nice, since that is their own SOP. I've also seen this reported previously over two months ago multiple times, those three posts that i read (& I'm sure there are more) were not acknowledged in anyway according to the posters. So it seems far more patience is needed than required.

For the record I'm not a young kid with a lack of patience, its obvious for what ever reason this has not been fixed as of yet, which means a variety of different things, from "its on the list", to not a big enough issue to be noted immediately, to being ignored, to their customer service being lacking, to they are simply over worked with issues etc.

Either way, I thank you for your reply...

I think its hardware problem, so support dont wanna help us

I dont know why i paid 80$. Cant return a product, because international shipping from amazon

I found only partial solution. Set all dpi levels to 1250. But it still not solve a main issue. If click dpi up button more then 3 times, dpi will go crazy

543.thumb.png.cbc373dc52ec54ceb8b63261e972fe3e.png

I am still having this issue. Cannot remap DPI up or down without the mouse always retaining DPI up and down functions. Cannot even disable them. I tried explaining this in a ticket but Corsair takes over a week to respond to one email.

I have since uninstalled every driver manually, Deleted iCUE and wiped registry of traces. Reinstalled iCUE and mouse. Still the same issue....

Bump bump bump, theres got to be a fix or someone has to do something about this...

• 7 months later...

Solved this problem by doing a work around. Basically delete all hardware profiles. Then create a hardware profile and name it. change the dpi buttons to what you want them to be in this hardware profile.

Then create your software profile and also make them the buttons you want them to be. The buttons you set will no longer change DPI as well. Weird workaround but it works.

PS

Its a lot later then the original post but this problem still occurs now (solved with workaround) when i just bought this new Ironclaw RGB wireless 2 wks ago. The software is overly complicated and they need to look at logitech software and a simple program called ANTIMICRO for inspiration.

• 3 months later...

Just finished reinstalling my Windows because trying to install/uninstall iCUE caused my computer to crash, which rendered updating impossible. Fun piece of software.

Anyway, now I am experiencing this bug. The workaround from HH-Solverprob can be extended to work with an unlimited number of software profiles:

1. Delete all profiles (best even reset the mouse, to be sure)

2. Create a new profile

3. Assign "Disable" to both DPI buttons (will require two separate Disable actions)

4. Save this profile as an Onboard Profile #1

5. Now create your own software profile as you wish. The software will still execute the commands from both the software and the hardware profile, but since the buttons are disabled in hardware, no double action (like a DPI change) happens, and only the software one occurs.