Corsair Community

Corsair 1000i for ASUS motherboard

avgdad74

Question here and hope someone can help.

I am trying to connect my PSU power supply to the motherboard. It has a 8 pin and a 4 pin on the board but the PSU only came with 2 8 pins.

I see one end can splint into 2x4 pins but it doesn't split all the way down and leaves the other end as an 8.

Is this okay to only hook the 4 pin and leave the other 4 pin out even though 8 pins are being connected to the PSU?

I also connected the 24 pin to the mother board.

The manual says you only have to connect the 8 and 24 pin but I am worried about overheating the cables. I am not going to be overclocking but the CPU is is a Ryen 9 3950x.

• Corsair Employee
Question here and hope someone can help.

I am trying to connect my PSU power supply to the motherboard. It has a 8 pin and a 4 pin on the board but the PSU only came with 2 8 pins.

I see one end can splint into 2x4 pins but it doesn't split all the way down and leaves the other end as an 8.

Is this okay to only hook the 4 pin and leave the other 4 pin out even though 8 pins are being connected to the PSU?

I also connected the 24 pin to the mother board.

The manual says you only have to connect the 8 and 24 pin but I am worried about overheating the cables. I am not going to be overclocking but the CPU is is a Ryen 9 3950x.

The reason WHY it's a 4+4 is so you can split it in half and use only 4 of the pins in a 4-pin connection.