Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB Pro issue (red triangle)

Hello guys,

I've tried a lot of things, but my RAM is still giving issues, I dont know why. I'll explain it.

I have setted my RAM with rainbow effect, and sometimes I see it stucked in one color, with no moving effect. So, when I see that, i go to iCue and see this. (image below)

With that triangle red. I've tried to update the RAM and iCue, everything is up to date. I disconnect the plugin check, and everything works the same.

What can I do? Should I ask for a RMA?

rKC0704.png

• 1 month later...

That is a know issue... never found a solution, even after searching for months. I do know that it's most common when "full software control" is enabled, and when the Corsair SDK is beeing used (with something like Wallpaper Engine or RGBeat).

The temporary fix I've found is to force update the firmware, and sometimes close iCue and open again after that.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeha folks! I've found the solution. I bought days ago a kit of Vengeance Pro RGB (16gb kit), and yesterday it gave me that red issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled, and same thing. Then i read that you have to :

1. install the last update of iCUE

2. go to the device you have that issue, update then 3 dots-force update.

That's all

Ive had this issue since the day i got my 32 gb ram kit.

when i first started investigating why this was happening i got told it was other rgb software running in the background and many topics on the internet said the same thing but after spending hours and hours on this i gave up on the sticks.

When i wanted to return them i could try out another set they had on stock and because i love the looks of these sticks i accepted the "deal"

Well the new sticks had the same red triangle and even after a fresh os install without any other rgb software it still happens, also a bios update didnt do anything.

Sometimes they work fine for a few days and sometimes only minutes after booting.

After dealing with this for so long i now quickly go into the Ram section after a fresh install of ICUE and turn off all the leds so they atleast stay off when they bug out instead of rainbow full blast which doesnt match with anything.

Some say it happens because of "Full software control" being enabled but even on stock settings they bug out for me.

My sticks also dissapear completely after i get the red triangle, rebooting results in the sticks not even showing up anymore in ICUE.

They work fine Ram wise but ive totally given up on the RGB part and that the only reason i bought these things.

Edited by gamer4life

Well, the last time i came to the forum to say my issue was fixed in my own thread the issue literally happend again right after i made the post but this time is different i just feel it.

After seeing this thread i decided to take another look at the issue and im happy to say my issue seems to be fixed after i downloaded the latest version of Icue.

In version 3.38 it worked for a few hours max before the red triangle would show up but in 4.9 everything seems to be working fine for 4 days now.

I post again what worked for me... my problem was the impossibility to both control my ASUS mobo and my Corsair RAM through iCue. I had either to disable the plugin or get RAM stuck on red triangle. It worked also with iCue 3, for people who cannot upgrade to v4 due to discontinued products support:

- updated to iCue 4

- unistalled Aura

- reboot

- close iCue and installed Aura again

- reboot

- closed iCue again

- opened Aura and set lighting effect (for me static color black)

- rebooted again and everything was fine

Hope it helps you! :)

Baio

Ive tried everything already, even a new OS and bios update but its unchanged.

Dont know if its related or not but sometimes the lighting of cpu cooler doesnt light up after a boot, only once in 30 times or so but if that happens the ram sticks are not even shown in Icue at all.

This also happens after i get the red triangle but normally the sticks are always being detected after a reboot of the pc, only when the rgb on the cooler doesnt light up the sticks are not being detected.

Edited by gamer4life

• 2 months later...

I’m having the same issue.

I bought two vengeance rgb pro 8gb 3200mhz each, but, few minutes after turn on the pc, their leds freezes.

I tried iCUE3 and iCUE4 and it’s different versions. From that i could observe when I’m using iCUE4, the led freezes and iCUE can’t detect/control both RAM (red triangle) in a few seconds after opening the iCUE.

While I’m using iCUE3, few minutes after opening the iCUE, I can’t control both RAM (red triangle), but both leds work. If I allow “full software control”, I lose RAM control (red triangle) and both leds freeze.

I already uninstall RGB fusion, Nvidea GeForce Experience, Razer softwares, upgraded my BIOS, downgraded my BIOS, tried in a windows version without 2 tears of update, I changed their positions, forced the firmware update and now I don’t know what to do anymore.

Sorry about my english, isn’t my native language.

I post again what worked for me... my problem was the impossibility to both control my ASUS mobo and my Corsair RAM through iCue. I had either to disable the plugin or get RAM stuck on red triangle. It worked also with iCue 3, for people who cannot upgrade to v4 due to discontinued products support:

- updated to iCue 4

- unistalled Aura

- reboot

- close iCue and installed Aura again

- reboot

- closed iCue again

- opened Aura and set lighting effect (for me static color black)

- rebooted again and everything was fine

Hope it helps you! :)

Baio

yeah, it does work occasionally, but about 75% after rebooting I'll just get the red triangle. you just can't combine it with the asus mobo