Corsair Community

Commander not showing at startup

merve999

Hi,

I have a Commander with a Cooling Node connected. Upon start-up, the commander and the cooling node connected to it do not appear in Corsair Link software. In device manager, it shows an "Unknown Device". When I remove the USB header and re-insert it, it then shows up in the software. I'm running Win7 64-bit.

I figured it was Windows applying its own driver so I have disabled downloading/installing drivers. However, the problem still exists.

As an experiment, I booted up without it inserted and tried inserting at different times to see at which point it worked (as I knew inserting after everything had started would work, mentioned above). It only worked when inserting after the Windows is starting up screen (when the desktop appears). It seems before this point, Windows detects the Link and applies its own driver. When at desktop, upon insertion, Windows finds the Link but ignores it as I have told it to.

The Commander and Cooling Node firmwares are updated to the latest versions (2.0.6 and 1.2.5). I have tried the latest Corsair Link software, and the 2.4.4948 beta. It doesn't look like it's the Corsair Link devices at fault anyway - just how Windows 7 detects them. I have also tried using a powered internal USB hub, to no avail. Is there any way around this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks for the replies.

But the Link has an internal header. How would I connect it using that cable?

Leave the Commander unit connected, When you get the "Unknown Device" error right click it>Properties and post the device status here.

When connected directly to the motherboard, device status says:

"No drivers are installed for this device."

When connected to a powered USB hub, device status says:

"This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. (Code 29)"

I'd say check the pins in the connectors closely. If you see chrome then it's not pushed in all the way in. I had to push mine in with a needle and my psu temp showed up.

I have made sure its fully connected. It does work, but only if I unplug and re-plug it after Windows has loaded and I'm at the desktop.

Archived