Corsair Community

Question before updating my H100i

flashcrew

Hello guys, just an important questions before I proceed updating my H100i. My RMA fan replacement (PWM fans replacement due to noisy high pitch stock fans) is along the way and I just want to be prepared before I

update it. My H100i is working fine, LEDs are all working but just the noisy stock fans. Just confusion though for the descriptions and instructions on how to update, I just want to make sure all

is well before I proceed and don't make any mistakes and the worse to have a dead unit or like the LEDs stopped working now due to false procedures.

Currently, my CorsairLINK2 version is 2.3.4816. My Corsair H100i firmware version 1.0.4 and the Corsair Hydro USB is version 2.0.0. All of that information came from the CL2 dashboard under the Devices tab.

Here are my questions:

First, currently, I have my H100i CL2 installed with version 2.3.4816. Should I update it first to beta version 2.4.4948 before I update the firmware?

Second, looking at the firmware uploads and instructions on the forum, I noticed that there is a newly uploaded firmware version 1.07. Should I use this instead of 1.0.5 for updating the firmware?

Third, after reading some information in the forum, for example the page here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118618

I am so confused with the descriptions and download page like C-Link Commander Firmware and C-Link Cooling node Firmware Update V 1.2.11? What are these for? Should I also need these to be installed first? I don't have any

Corsair Link Cooling kit on my system.

Fourth, Is that Corsair Hydro USB from the CL2 dashboard under the Devices tab is also called the C-Link Commander Firmware? If so, I have mine currently at version 2.0.0, should I required to update it first to 2.0.6 before

updating the firmware?

I just want to do it the proper way to avoid any mistakes and problems.

Thanks guys in advance for answering all of my queries.

to make it short and to the point,your system is working so keep it where it is.some updates wont fix a working system;):

once installing your fans,if the noise persists,then update your hydro to 1.0.5,which is designed for your new fans,

+1 Absolutly! Corsair DOES NOT recommend updating the FW if your unit is working just fine. The software on the other hand is up to you. Again if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :P

Quote from RamGuy

The Firmware is listed below Version 1.07 for H80i and H100i Coolers.

This Version corrects detection problems when connected to Corsair Link Commander

If your cooler is working properly DO NOT do this update it is released to help solve a specific issue and not everyone will have to do this update.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118867

So you guys suggesting is just replace my old stock fans and install the new PWN fans and leave the FW as it is (currently FW ver. 1.0.4)? That's it? I think updating to FW 1.05 is necessary because of the PWM fans now installed as per RAM GUY post. Isn't it? I just want to replace that 3-pin stock fans to eliminate or lessen that high pitch noise emitting from the stock fans.

So you guys suggesting is just replace my old stock fans and install the new PWN fans and leave the FW as it is (currently FW ver. 1.0.4)? That's it? I think updating to FW 1.05 is necessary because of the PWM fans now installed as per RAM GUY post. Isn't it? I just want to replace that 3-pin stock fans to eliminate or lessen that high pitch noise emitting from the stock fans.

once installing your fans,if the noise persists,then update your hydro to 1.0.5,which is designed for your new fans

Thanks wytnyt. Just last question though, if ever, do I need to update first my CL2 to the latest one before I proceed updating my FW to 1.05? Currently I have 2.3.4816 installed on my system. I noticed there's an updated Corsair Link Software Version 2.4.4948 . Many thanks!

Thanks wytnyt. Just last question though, if ever, do I need to update first my CL2 to the latest one before I proceed updating my FW to 1.05? Currently I have 2.3.4816 installed on my system. I noticed there's an updated Corsair Link Software Version 2.4.4948 . Many thanks!

i always do my firmware update first,

the Corsair Link Software Version 2.4.4948 addresses led issues and unless your having problems in this area then stay on 2.3.4816

and if any others q's,please ask before hand,grey hairs pop up easy enough,no need to promote them :D:

Just **** happened! Just want to share with you guys so you can give me advise or any. My H100i is 4 months old. Without any issues just the noist stock fans. I am supposed to replace only my stocks fans to PWN fans. My RMA is approved and my PWM fans just got arrived. My red LED on my H100i is malfunctioning now! Green and Blue is OK. I can slide the blue and green LED color calibrator but not the red. But this is not the issue in the first place, I am just supposed to replace the fan and that's all. I'm sure the red LED is not dead because upon booting up my computer, All LED is white or sometimes light bluish for a while then the red LED is turned on. Sometimes lasting only at POST test and sometimes during windows log-on then it black. I currently have CL2 ver 2.3.4816 installed. Now I replaced it with the beta ver. 2.4.4948. At first, nothing has changed. Just like before, red LED is not lighting or the worse, it doesn't display at all during POST or during windows log-on. I don't give up yet, surprisingly, after saving profiles, shutting down my PC for a couple of times, that effin red LED now is alive! Thank God! Just for now and still observing it. :)

Just question guys? What keeps this LED problem occurring particular on mine? Is that replacing the CL2 version to beta 2.4.4948 was actually the fixed for it?

I am now supposed to replace my stock fans to the PWM fans. Coming from FW 1.0.4, is it mandatory to upgrade to FW 1.0.5 for it to function the PWM fans properly?

I am now supposed to replace my stock fans to the PWM fans. Coming from FW 1.0.4, is it mandatory to upgrade to FW 1.0.5 for it to function the PWM fans properly?

i would install the fans and see how they are and if the problem persists,then update to the 1.0.5 firmware.

Archived