Corsair Community

Zero RPM setting absolutly necessary !

blitzfun

Hi All

We are waiting CL4 but still CL3 coming.

I dont know whats going on. Dustin said us CL4 is coming.

on the otherhand I am already happy CL3 and not try new version yet.

I have just 2 big problem with CL software.

01. leds blinking with custom fan curve.

02. there is no fan Zero RPM option. this is very important because I want to know sometimes which fan make noise which not. And I have to take off all cables for test all fan. this is not good. software must be do this. year 2015!

yeah Dustin said that Zero RPM too risky. actually not. there is no risk. because we are professinol and corsair link not a child toy. Dustin please you can figure out this situation with minimal risk. there is always an solution.

after all corsair link best hardware equipment I have seen. but it also need good software too.

Thank you who invention this product in corsair.

I hope blinking problem will fix. and zero fan rpm must be an option.

I agree there should be an update. My lights have random color changes. I set it to follow the temp on a h100i and now h110gt and both the temp starts out the colors I set them then always goes to full and shows the color I have assigned in the last value.

It's also true for the mini commander I have.

It'd be also nice to be able to see 2 power supplies in link. I have 2 machines next to each other and I don't need a mini link for a machine that has a simple RM750 but it'd be nice to stretch a wire over from the main machine that has 3 free ports and get stats from that supply.

It'd be also nice to be able to see 2 power supplies in link. I have 2 machines next to each other and I don't need a mini link for a machine that has a simple RM750 but it'd be nice to stretch a wire over from the main machine that has 3 free ports and get stats from that supply.

CL will report your AX1200i + an RM750, though in general it will only report one PSU. I feel this is poor and can't see why as when I added PSU retorting to SIV > one just worked. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=740245.

The zero rpm should be implemented in cl 4 as follows: there should be a tick box in settings to enable the feature first. The fans should go from 0 to 40% in one step so fans that don't run well under 40% will work fine. Also the zero rpm option should not be available to fans connected to a hydro series cooler only fans connected to the cooling node or commander mini

Thanks for explanation kansasboy.

not zero fan mode for cpu cooler make sense.

so there is a tick box for other fans this is good news.

on the otherhand my H80i cooler fans connect to commander mini. and also H80i connect to commander mini via commander link cable.

so actually still I can use zero rpm option for this case.

Thanks for explanation kansasboy.

not zero fan mode for cpu cooler make sense.

so there is a tick box for other fans this is good news.

on the otherhand my H80i cooler fans connect to commander mini. and also H80i connect to commander mini via commander link cable.

so actually still I can use zero rpm option for this case.

I didn't say it was implemented. I just said how corsair should implement it.

so this is just your theory. not true.

I agree with you. it can figure out your way. it make sense to me. I hope for cl4.

Yes it is only a suggestion to corsair. This is similar to how Asus does the 0% on fan xpert 2. The chassis fans go from 0 to 40% then normal. The fans connected to the CPU fan header on the mainboard will not go to 0. Corsair should implement the same way. This is the most logical implementation of 0 rpm

The chassis fans go from 0 to 40%

I too would like to see this, but the trigger should be 25% rather the 40%. I don't know if the current hardware will support this, but if it does then there will need to be firmware changes as when using SIV I set PWM 0% on my CL Minis this did not stop the fan. I suspect for the Asetek based coolers this will be impossible as CL cannot update the firmware. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=793290.

When I set PWM 0% on my H80iGT the firmware forced it to PWM 25%. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=806489.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22690&d=1440595838

%25 barier totally normal. I think fan not kill yourself. there isnt like that zero mechanism at fans.

but it can be directly cut of the electricity from fan via commander mini software. I quees asus made like this. so commander mini can do this.

%25 barier totaly normal. we talk about cut of the electricity from fan. commander mini must be do this.

I was being generous, as you can see below the CL mini can actually run fans as PWM 5% (13/255 -> 5%)!

I feel should rather than must, but maybe you acquired the schematics and know more about the hardware then me.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22990&stc=1&d=1444609010

1554065996_LinkFansat5.thumb.png.9d2bb36f7fd52d7e6e6b0b64e96f7251.png

I was being generous, as you can see below the CL mini can actually run fans as PWM 5% (13/255 -> 5%)!

I feel should rather than must, but maybe you acquired the schematics and know more about the hardware then me.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22990&stc=1&d=1444609010

yeah I see %5 but fan actualy not turn %5 rpm. software bug !

also UI and UX this software ****ed up. sorry :)

yeah I see %5 but fan actualy not turn %5 rpm. software bug !

Why do you think there is a software bug and in which software do you feel this bug exists as 5% of 10,000 RPM is about 500 RPM :biggrin:

attachment.php?attachmentid=22991&stc=1&d=1444609973

also UI and UX this software ****ed up. sorry :)

In what way do you feel this is related to 0 RPM support? If you don't like the SIV UI then don't use it. I have zero interest in changing it.

1952348239_LinkFansat100.thumb.png.39acf3e615a7c7650d796b761099d4aa.png

there is no 10,000 rpm case fan.

I will try your software we will see. but UI and UX must be change. totally useless.

Oh yes there are http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310932061701 though CL has a bug and does not display the leading 1 :brick:. Corsair, is this logged in the bug database please?

attachment.php?attachmentid=22992&stc=1&d=1444611818

Again, If you don't like the SIV UI then don't use it. The fans are for cooling 1U servers and I use them as additional cooling for my GPUs.

1964683206_above9999RPMiswonky.png.8a5adb1b748300394c5f37b49dad9a83.png

Archived