Corsair Community

Corsair Link

drivebye

A few weeks back I was finding corsair link to be unusable. I posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=921003&postcount=23 which describes rolling back to link version 4.5.0.55 fixed things back to an usable state.

Last week I found "power" tab in link options and found link had magically started recognising the corsair RM 750 X that was powering my corsair water cooled CPU system. Had never noticed this before and may have unintentionally changed some settings.

Last weekend when trying to enjoy some gaming there was an almighty bang. A mains fuse had tripped. I found the PSU to be the problem device.

Did link software kill my PSU?

It could have. If you look in the Power Supplies forum you will find lots of problems like same model but different firmware, and strange things happening with Link controlled OCP (over current protection) of PCIE power rails.

Here is one to get you started. I like the idea of being able to monitor and even control my PSU, but with Link?? Pass.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=170494

Good luck!!

• Corsair Employee

Link can't kill your PSU. That's ridiculous.

The problem you're referring to in the other forum threads is how the OCP setting can make the PSU think it is overloaded and is shutting down the PSU. It's not "killing" the PSU.

One thing I don't get... You say you have an RM750x and it's seen in your power tab??? That must be a typo. Did you mean RM750i? The RM750x has no USB interface and therefore can't be "seen" by Link.

Link can't kill your PSU. That's ridiculous.

The problem you're referring to in the other forum threads is how the OCP setting can make the PSU think it is overloaded and is shutting down the PSU. It's not "killing" the PSU.

One thing I don't get... You say you have an RM750x and it's seen in your power tab??? That must be a typo. Did you mean RM750i? The RM750x has no USB interface and therefore can't be "seen" by Link.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.

On the Ball!!..

Icq/Msn/Yahoo

2003 member

SIR!! I bow before your sage like wisdom :D:....

was about to ask the same question lol....

ps.. is Icq still going?.. been YEARS since i used it lol.. bought back memory's

Sorry to OP for off topicness ;)

Archived