Corsair Community

Quick question about HD fans

Baio

I have 8 LL120 fans in my rig and I'm considering switching almost 3 (or 6) with HD fans, as I have to keep them with the back side in sight, not so cool.

I see HD 3-fan packs come with a RGB Hub and with a stuff with 3 bottons (supposed it's useful to control the fans without a CoPro). LL fans instead come only with the Hub, so here is the question:

if I buy a 3-pack of HD fans will I be able to simply unplug the LL fans and get rid of the 3 buttons stuff? Is there in the box the cable to connect the Hub to the CoPro's led port?

Thanks.

Baio

It will be an easy replace and plug in. The HD series was the first of the current generation of RGB fans, but it had one foot in both eras. It came with a manual thumb remote (so no software required) like prior gen RGB. However, your abilities were massively greater with the software. Once you hook the RGB hub into the LNP or C-Pro lighting channel, the thumb remote is useless and no longer needed. Since the wire from the RGB hub goes into the thumb remote, it's an either/or thing with the LNP + C-Pro.

If you have enough RGB Lighting Hubs already, you can freely shop singles vs multi-packs to get the best deal. The RGB Hun with the HD is the same as the LL. The thumb remote is not needed.

The trick is how to manage the LL and HD. If you have 8 LL now, you likely already have two RGB hubs. That will be useful since the LED count will not match (HD=12, LL=16). You can use them on the same hub, but it throws off the effects. You most likely want the 3-6 HD on one hub (and thus one RGB Channel) and the LL on another RGB Lighting Hub.

It will be an easy replace and plug in. The HD series was the first of the current generation of RGB fans, but it had one foot in both eras. It came with a manual thumb remote (so no software required) like prior gen RGB. However, your abilities were massively greater with the software. Once you hook the RGB hub into the LNP or C-Pro lighting channel, the thumb remote is useless and no longer needed. Since the wire from the RGB hub goes into the thumb remote, it's an either/or thing with the LNP + C-Pro.

I was asking because in all the photos I found around I saw the cable marked red here:

l-10179930-010.jpg

And thought it was the one to plug in LNP, as the cable from the thumb remote seems to come out directly with no plug.

If you have enough RGB Lighting Hubs already, you can freely shop singles vs multi-packs to get the best deal. The RGB Hun with the HD is the same as the LL. The thumb remote is not needed.

Ok. I was asking in case I resell the LL fans as used.

The trick is how to manage the LL and HD. If you have 8 LL now, you likely already have two RGB hubs. That will be useful since the LED count will not match (HD=12, LL=16). You can use them on the same hub, but it throws off the effects. You most likely want the 3-6 HD on one hub (and thus one RGB Channel) and the LL on another RGB Lighting Hub.

Ok, no problem... 2 RGB Hub are already in my case.

Thanks!

Baio

Oh, I had forgotten about that wacky cable. There is another throwback piece. It was a way to connect the remote functions to case buttons via those 2 pin looking things. In effect, you could hard wire your reset button to be the color cycle button from the remote and thus extra case buttons become the remote buttons. Of course, you don't get much in the way of extra case buttons anymore and this is still vastly inferior to the software.

Oh, I had forgotten about that wacky cable. There is another throwback piece. It was a way to connect the remote functions to case buttons via those 2 pin looking things. In effect, you could hard wire your reset button to be the color cycle button from the remote and thus extra case buttons become the remote buttons. Of course, you don't get much in the way of extra case buttons anymore and this is still vastly inferior to the software.

Thansk again for your kindness!

Baio

By the way ... that site that you are using to host your images tries to install junk.

I would suggest you find something else to use.

Sorry... I've been using this site for years and never experienced such a problem.

I'm gonna use it anymore.

Baio