Corsair Community

iCUE Required to be Running in Background? (LL/QL Fans)

MiRai

I am looking at picking up a bunch of LL120 fans for my build, and I have a few questions.

First, I am curious if the iCUE software is required to be running in the background for the effects to be used, or if they can be applied and are then stored in the Lighting Node Pro (or something else)? If iCUE is required, and it is shut down, do the fans revert to a demo mode instead?

Second, if the presets are stored somewhere, do the fans maintain the effect/preset prior to Windows booting up, or do they default to a standard pattern (i.e. demo mode) until Windows boots up?

Finally, if LL fans do not maintain an "offline" user-configured effect/preset, do the QL fans support it?

I tried to do a forum search on this, but the results I came across were from over a year ago, with a few stating that some Corsair components have a standard demo mode without iCUE running, while other components will maintain "offline" settings.

Thanks in advance.

When iCUE isn't running, the components will revert to the "Hardware Lighting" mode. By default, this is a rainbow effect (aka "unicorn barf" but some folks love it). However, that can be changed in iCUE by going to the Hardware Lighting tab.

They effects aren't anywhere as rich or as varied as the effects that are available when iCUE is running.

When iCUE isn't running, the components will revert to the "Hardware Lighting" mode. By default, this is a rainbow effect (aka "unicorn barf" but some folks love it). However, that can be changed in iCUE by going to the Hardware Lighting tab.

They effects aren't anywhere as rich or as varied as the effects that are available when iCUE is running.

Personally, I'd just be looking for a static color when iCUE wasn't running, and I assume a basic preset like that is available in the "Hardware Lighting" mode? Also, can brightness be set in that mode, as well?

Thanks

Personally, I'd just be looking for a static color when iCUE wasn't running, and I assume a basic preset like that is available in the "Hardware Lighting" mode? Also, can brightness be set in that mode, as well?

Thanks

Yup, can do a static color. Can set brightness on a global level or you can choose a less-bright color (e.g. for red, use 128, 0, 0 will give you a dimmer red than 255,0,0).