Corsair Community

change boot and lockscreen light effect to a user chosen one

y0ur5h4d0w

hi!

i've noticed that when i lock my computer and when i boot up my system some parts shows the classic "spiral rainbow" light effect, but some others stick with the light effect i've assigned them in iCUE, my question is, is it possible to modify the "default" boot up and lockscreen status with the one i've decided to use for my whole system?

i'm currently using the visor for mostly all my setup (h100i rgb platinum, ml120 pros, vengence rgb) and some other parts i use a static red color (void elite rgb wireless, ironclaw)

what keeps the settings when booting and locking my system is:

3x fans ml120 pro (with the corsair link and controller)

2x 8gb vengence RGB sticks

the rest of my system that goes on the spiral rainbow and it messes up the look of my setup is:

h100i rgb platinum

ironclaw

void elite RGB wireless

asus rog strix x570 - F connected using the plugin

i'm running the latest version of iCUE updated yesterday in the morning

When iCUE is not running, devices revert to their hardware saved lighting profiles. For most devices, these are savable from the device lighting menu in each profile or some newer keyboards and mice have special save profiles like "Device name HW1". The motherboard may revert back to BIOS or Aura settings when iCUE is not active.

When iCUE is not running, devices revert to their hardware saved lighting profiles. For most devices, these are savable from the device lighting menu in each profile or some newer keyboards and mice have special save profiles like "Device name HW1". The motherboard may revert back to BIOS or Aura settings when iCUE is not active.

that's exactly what i was thinking, what i wish i could do is a "workaround" to set "visor - light bond" as default hardware interaction for the ones who runs the spiral rainbow... i mean, if i get the spiral rainbow when iCUE is not active in windows for sure there's a way to set something else as default, ofc without using iCUE

The exact method is device specific.

H100i Plat - should be easy. Click on the device and their should be a "hardware lighting" tab toward the bottom of the list. I don't have a Platinum to check if Visor is an available effect, but since it is for my fans on C-Pro and LNP devices, I would expect it on the cooler as well.

Iron Claw - None of the mice can do visor, but you should be able to pick some more subtle, like color pulse at a slow interval or even static black for off.

Void - I am not sure all the headsets can do hardware lighting. They may be rainbow bound when not connected. Check for the Hardware lighting tab in its menu. At best, it will be like the mice and have a shorter list of effects more practical for running from its own memory storage.

Edited by c-attack

The exact method is device specific.

H100i Plat - should be easy. Click on the device and their should be a "hardware lighting" tab toward the bottom of the list. I don't have a Platinum to check if Visor is an available effect, but since it is for my fans on C-Pro and LNP devices, I would expect it on the cooler as well.

Iron Claw - None of the mice can do visor, but you should be able to pick some more subtle, like color pulse at a slow interval or even static black for off.

Void - I am not sure all the headsets can do hardware lighting. They may be rainbow bound when not connected. Check for the Hardware lighting tab in its menu. At best, it will be like the mice and have a shorter list of effects more practical for running from its own memory storage.

no this is not what i need... i've set visor already but when i boot or lock my PC the profile "saved" inside the harware memory is always "spiral rainbow"... what i need is to change the light profile that get set when icue is not running

Edited by y0ur5h4d0w
EDIT: I'M DUMB lol i didn't see the tab you meant ^^"

Unfortunately, it's not exactly the same for every device so it is hard to give universal directions, like Go to A, then click B. Some of the devices have unique save methods or restrictions. I also think they will need to find a different way to showcase those tabs in the next generation of software. It's too easy to lose track of shifting/expanding tabs. Hardware lighting only appears for some devices after you select the Lighting tab.

Unfortunately, it's not exactly the same for every device so it is hard to give universal directions, like Go to A, then click B. Some of the devices have unique save methods or restrictions. I also think they will need to find a different way to showcase those tabs in the next generation of software. It's too easy to lose track of shifting/expanding tabs. Hardware lighting only appears for some devices after you select the Lighting tab.

wonder why i can't set an hardware lighting for the void elite, the vengence RGB tbh... but at least i could make a plain red to the biggest pieces, the ram keep using the visor even if the screen is locked and i don't understand lol other then this everything works fine :D

Edited by y0ur5h4d0w

Some of the accessory pieces like headphones, headphone stands, MM800 mouse pad, just don't have onboard memory or the feature was limited to enhance battery life or some other practical reason.

The RAM is trickier. If you turn off software control of the memory (Settings, click on RAM), it should revert to hardware mode. Set whatever lighting pattern you want to see at boot/restart, lock screen, etc. You will have more limited choices and it will take it a second on two to save each time to choose something. Then re-enable software control and your normal "iCUE running" lighting should return. The next time you quit/reboot, it should revert to that last known hardware mode lighting. However, the timing sometimes slips up a little and I can't say I have tried it with all of the different RGB RAM types. Vengeance Pro might behave differently than Dominator RGB.